ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunflower Yellow Respray? Opinions please.

Clio sport 172
Thinking of buying a clio 172 And having a full respray in sunflower yellow love the colour what your thoughts

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Re: Is buying a cliophs1 172 having a full respray sunflower yel cheating or ok

Wait they come up eventually. Couple changed hands this year.

Just buy a Sunflower yellow one.

Why not is my opinion.
As long as it's done properly you'd have a close to factory or possibly better than, finish and quality. Not many of them are about are they.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

You going to have the interior stripped out, engine out etc to get it sprayed? If so go for it, otherwise don't bother IMO.

Clio sport 172

So mixed comments if I were to paint I would definitely strip the interior out and do it proply I would go Renault to get the paint code to get exact match before I put it in a booth
thanks for imput I won't rush to conclusion

phase 1 flamer 172

Your decision, matters not what anybody else thinks.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

Personally I wouldn't . Too much expense to get it done properly . I'd either try and source one , not easy i know or just go for another colour . But , at the end of the day it's your choice , your money .

Clio sport 172
Thanks for the comments not gona rush into it don't wanna end up regreting
doing or not doing it lol I'll keep you updated

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
What's the respray going to cost you? Add cost of the car plus no doubt some fresh new trim is it really economic?

Mec 350 slk manual
A good respray which includes full strip must be around £2500 plus and then the price of the car say £1500 and then wheels need doing and other bits you maybe already around £5 k

Clio sport 172
Thanks I had a lot off input from everyone .I appreciate your feedback it's looking like it's not that viable at the moment but sunflower yellow is such a nice colour I'm really in two minds I know it would be expensive but the end result would be great
what about phs 1 in liquid yellow or am I still being silly. Has anyone painted one in liquid yellow? How mad would that look

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
LOL @ spending 3x the cars value on paint.

Brilliant.

As for LY instead of SY .. it's probably the same price on top as it's a silly expensive multi layer paint.