ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sunny scunny 182 (pic heavy) thought id best start a thread...

clio 182
bought this at the begining of feb this year....

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

on finance, so got it along time. was told this was hand picked by the owner of the dealership....mmmmm... will find out later y am debating that one.

clio 182
first lot of mods...

putting old indicator bulbs from old car into this
IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0384-1.jpg

and ordering these from hong kong vie ebay ;) led bulbs....

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

led sidelight bulbs fitted, looked ace but soon started to flash n not work for replaced them with some halford lazer bulbs menna be whiter n not cream looking but.... cant only tell they are different next to one with standard bulbs.

christmas money spent on a new headunit.. alpine 113 BT with iphone cable n build in parrot handsfree! 220 quid well spend (thanx caraudiosercurity)

IMG_0364.jpg

linked cable thru dash to the tray

IMG_0366.jpg

but now mover to cup holder as i couldnt find the right iphone holder n didnt wanna stick anything to windscreen.

as you can see the car came with a fog light removed and cold air feed to filter..
IMG_0382.jpg

me being gay n all was paronoid about leafs going up there etc so....
IMG_0392.jpg

trip to my grandads n a cut up onion bag later... i have a mesh cover :)

as the car came with a decat, i was begining to find it stupidly loud! changing gear at 2k revs as it was too loud with the ktec ultra performance zorst on, so a trip to exhaust uk in sheffield as buying a used cat n fitting it would cost the same as a custom cat i thought id go with the new one as its got a 2yr warrently and wont blow
IMG_0396.jpg

a stupid exhaust on display!
IMG_0397.jpg

clio008.jpg
clio012.jpg

and one decat for sale...
clio003.jpg

clio 182
forgot to put a spec up when i bought the car:

54plate 42k miles,
ITG filter
Ktec ultra perfromance un silenced exhaust with decat (loud!)
lowered on shocks n springs - spax - low n hard ride (which i am still getting used too!)

£6500 + 2yrs warrenty (thank god! lol)

with flux and its 520 quid full comp with all mods covered like for like, 4yrs no claims n am an advanced driver (IAM) and am 25

clio 182
the problems!!!
was back 5 times in the first week!

twice for the emissons light (now know it was due to the decat..)
Twice for the drivers seat not moving and unable to move to get into the back. needed greese.... more of that later..
and once for the abs n traction warning light.

second week of ownership...

back for seat.. needed a part..

going into the 3rd week..

coil pack went n sounded like a dodgey impreza with no power also needed spark plugs,
seat still not right so when in again for a part, 2 days in garage...

following weeks,

seat still not right so when in again for another part and... blowers stoped working as well as the cruise control was working once out of ten times trying.... was booked in for the day at garage.. turned out it need 2days... then a phone call... "can we keep the car another day or two as it need a resistor pack"..."ok i guess i said".... then another call..."sorry, needs a new wiring woom" "ouch" "can we have it till tuesday?" (this being thursday the week before) "as it we need to order it and it wont be in till tuesday morning" great!
a day turned into a week, and..... the seat still didnt mover proberly and the cruise control worked but if the turned car off n the next time u used it, it wouldnt work ffs! but the blowers now worked!

this week.... finally got the seat sorted as the manager said he would swop the seat over with a black 182 they have in stock! finally! also took him out to test cruise control, having not worked for 5 days and didnt work on the way to the dealer.... took him out n the bloody thing worked every time! FFS! so nothing he could do.
as i drive home it doesnt work! ggrrrr! so back to dealer i go n left car running n took him out again this time it didnt work so he finally saw the problem! thank god!
booked in tomorrow at renault to hopefully get sorted!

clio 182
gave her a good clean!
IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

clio022.jpg

clio024.jpg

clio026.jpg

clio030.jpg

clio029.jpg

including getting some autoglym metal polish.... great stuff!!! highly recomend! needed the exhaust tips cleaning n polishing as i dont think they have never been done!

before
IMG_0403.jpg

during...
IMG_0401.jpg

after...
IMG_0402.jpg

looks so much better now! just gota sort out y the left tip is near the bumber on one side n taping on something...
think this might be the problem...
clio016.jpg

fooked i think!
NW performance might be getting a call!

clio 182
ordered some aero wipers and bee sting of ebay 30 quid and saving alot over halfraulds prices!

pics to follow when they get here

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Actually prefer this car with the silver alloys for some reason? Looks good mate, sounds like you've had a fun time with it, but IMO you're paying silly money for it :(

Oh, and that polish seems f**king magnificent!

clio 182
:eek: For a un-cup packed car, thats Expensive. Nearly Trophy money.

Noticed you never mention belts been done, Have they?

(sorry to sound negative)

yes, belts have been done as well as the bonnet on the recall

Looks Tidy, though the pipes stick out a long way
look nice for me

Sits at a real nice height.

yeah love the look, just the ride is abit harsh at times. would coilovers sort this?

Gosh you've had a few problems.

Nice car tho, i have the same exhaust :)

decated tho because i'm a man ;)
yeah i know tell me about it! all sorted apart from the cruise control which is currently and hopefully getting fixed now.
i thought i was enough of a man but not, was too loud for me, love the sound now tho, sounds really nice n not too loud.

Actually prefer this car with the silver alloys for some reason? Looks good mate, sounds like you've had a fun time with it, but IMO you're paying silly money for it :(

Oh, and that polish seems f**king magnificent!

yeah ive done a photoshop with the darker wheels, thought i wanted them but ill save money for some rota's i think..

yeah is abit expensive looking bk on it, was monkey see monkey want n after the problems i wish i didnt get it, but i just gota turn it into i car i like now n glad that i got it rather than regetting it!

the polish is mint! never thought id get them that shiney!

BG182®
Car looks minto mate. That exhaust tip looks cracking when you polished it.

How you finding the sports cat now? Is it as quiet as you wanted it?

clio 182
ebay items got here! and fitted!

IMG_0409.jpg

aero wipers look loads better! not rained yet to test them...

IMG_0410.jpg

bee sting... signal is just about the same so all good and again looks loads better over standard

clio 182
what alloys!? mmm....

since finding out the there would be no way id b able to fit rota d1's here:-
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=494762

shame as it really looks nice

Photo06413.jpg

since getting my car ive played with photoshop abit more (cutting out the wheels ruffly as i couldnt be bothered spending 2 hours on each wheel) i am a graphic designer but after doing photoshop all day i didnt wanna spend all night too! lol)

thought about some cup alloys....

cliowheelscupalloys.jpg

pointless getting some really when another 400 quid would get me a new set of alloys with tyres n a better style.

and before any1 says, no i didnt do the trophy wheels, as i want something different as every tom, dick and harry have a set on here and i want it to stand out and be different!

i want a jap/euro look i think, i love the look, ever since seeing a golf on rota rims

17" rota D1 drifts which i know dont fit! :(
cliowheelsrotadrift.jpg

16" rota grid..dunno if these will fit, abit unsure on these
cliowheelsrotagridrimstyle.jpg

16" Kt1 klassic from rimstyle, euro look. may be would look better in a graphic centre instead of black?
cliowheelsKt1klassicrimstyle.jpg

16" schmidt modernline 3pc, i really love these wheels but an 1500 quid is abit much but it looks sweet
cliowheelsschmidtmodernline3pcrimst.jpg

or the cheaper option 16" schmidt modernline 1 pc at about 600/700
cliowheelsschmidtmodernlinerimstyle.jpg

proper j-euro look but smallest alloy is 17" :( its the rota gtr, which looks good!
cliowheelsrotagtr.jpg

but i think these are the wheels for me! rota gt3 16" and i know these will fit too
cliowheelsrotagt3.jpg

and with abit of colour coding! wow!
cliowheelsrotagt3withcolourcoding.jpg

cliowheelsrotagt3withcolourcodingro.jpg

I want, I want alot!

or if i cant afford alloys, just a respray standard alloys?...
cliowheelsredalloys.jpg

what do people think? any1 with any pics of a clio on gt3's?

clio172 sport
how about a set of lenso bsx alloys with gold centre i was thinking of those for mine by the way car looks sweet almost the same as mine

clio 182
thinking about taking out the caf from the fog light....
IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

this mod was done by the previous owner and didnt come this the standard cafs,

does any1 know where the standard cafs go to or sit? as i have no idea

cheers

clio 182
UPDATE,

CAF back to standard position and fog back in place with upgraded bulbs...

before
IMG_0389.jpg

After
IMG_0443.jpg

gave the engine bay a clean
IMG_0438.jpg

and a bit of metal polish..

sorted the annoying tapping from the exhuast, order some new exhaust mounts from NW performance (TOP BLOKES!!!) THUMBS UP!

before
clio018.jpg

After
IMG_0441.jpg

and with the help of zip ties the exhaust now sits in the right location and doesnt tap on bumper!
IMG_0440.jpg
IMG_0439.jpg

having cleaned the engine and saw the "show us your bay" thread, i got the idea of painting my cover to match my the hoses...

currently painting now, should have it fitted in next few days...

clio 182
a few more on photoshop, (i dont have the red cold air feed any more, so the fog light is back in)

this is my fav at the mo, the GT3
cliowheelsrotagt3.jpg

saw these new wheels, look like cup alloys but different, they are wolfrace milano's 16s
cliowolfmilano.jpg

then saw these borbet LV4's but dont like these
clioborbetlv4.jpg

or these advanti SG40's???
clioadvantisg40.jpg

y do i like expensive things! saw these OZ's at nearly a grand for a set with toyo's they are the Alleggerita's, silver
clioalleggeritasilver.jpg

or graphite
clioalleggeritagraphite.jpg

or red!?
clioalleggeritared.jpg

might try a silver set with red centre's???

clio 182
this is what happened today!
IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

FFS! after breaking down and having a new coil pack and (I was told) 1 sparkie changed fitted about 2 months ago, guess what happened!

car sounded like an impreza again! fook sake! pulled up to some lights and the emmissons light started flashing just like it did 2 months ago. but strangely no loss of power.... so i limped it home having checked i got home start on AA and phoned them. turned up after about 45mins. explained to him the problem and told him about the last time it broke down and what fixed it. after looking and fiddling with coil pack he said that it wasnt that and that it could be the spark plugs or injector as the computer code was saying "cycinder 1 misfire" after fooking about n trying to get the inlet off get got the sparkies out and finding that on of the spark plug lead was trapped between too bits of metal on cycinder 1 and it had nearly cut thru the wire, i was abit pissed off as the garage who fixed it must of trapped the wire, he checked all the sparkies and he couldnt work out which one they had changed so did they actually change one!? who knows. a phone call to the garage 1st thing monday will be in order! he advised me to change all the sparkies as they were NGK ones and he said french cars dont like NGK n work better on french plugs. quick phone call to halford for some "champion" plugs as he had a traders card = half price and 20mins later i had a running car! :D

TOP TIP, he said i would stay clear of CHAMPION spark plugs n use NGK ones but on french cars they dont seem to like NGK. and he said to always use CHAMPION plugs.

dunno if its me but it seems to run smoother now...

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
Looks nice mate, shame about the problems youve had, lucky that you had a warrenty though :)

MKV GTI
Tbh i wouldnt bother with any new alloys, strangly i really am a fan of the non-cupped silver alloys on your car think it looks really fresh and clean looking nice stance too!!

Shame about the problems atleast all seems well now!

clio 182
Looks nice mate, shame about the problems youve had, lucky that you had a warrenty though :)

yeah. Am glad I paid extra for it!

It is perfect right now.

cheers!

Tbh i wouldnt bother with any new alloys, strangly i really am a fan of the non-cupped silver alloys on your car think it looks really fresh and clean looking nice stance too!!

Shame about the problems atleast all seems well now!

yeah running now! Hopefully I'll have a month with no problems! Mot n service due in June/July tho! :S

yeah am beginning to like the idea of keeping the alloys. If I got any they would be my winter a
wheels anyway.
Can't help wondering how different n improved it would be with lighter alloys on

clio 182
as some of you may know been playing with photoshop again...
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=508530 and
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=508695

heres some of the best ones i like...
rotaslipstreamblack16x7fit.jpg

slipstream matt black in 16x7

rotagreenclubstar.jpg

green clubstar but only get them in 15's n i want 16s really. looks good still

rotagt3red16x7fit.jpg

still love the gt3's

rotaGTRgunmetal17x95x114.jpg

the wheels that look ace but dont fit :( the gtr's
rotagridbronze16x84x114.jpg

and these grid drifts which look ace but might have to get the normal grids :(
cliobronzegriddriftlike.jpg

cliobronzegrid.jpg

but will have the settle for these proberly, the standard grids that fit straight on.

LY R26
lol at thinking 30/40 mm is alot to lower a car.

car looking better now, shame about the problems you had. what made you change the cold air feed back to a fog light? im thinking about doing the opposite.

nice tidy looking car. Same exhaust as me, tho i have the slash. mine is de-cated with no mid section :p

clio 182
had my decat removed, was too loud for me,

i just think it looks better with a fog there, no real gains from having it in that place. and it seemed to run a little smoother without the caf. just standard cafs now. am never gunna track the car so thought from what gains a decat gets i thought it was pritty pointless, same with the caf. and it was proper loud with the unsilenced zorst n decat, found myself changing gear at 2k rev as it was proper loud over that. its an everyday car. if it was a weekend car, id of properly just left the decat on but its not...

182 Full of Fat
Looks nice like it is

Please don't put any of them wheels on.......99% of wheels just look shite on clios and ruin the look. Standard ftw!

Clio 182
Looks good, pretty much exactly the same as mine! Leave the 182 alloys silver or anthracite, look better than all those ones you photoshopped. No offence.

clio 182
its ok none taken. just wanting something different. if i got any wheels the standard ones would b my winter wheels anyway