ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunrise Drive

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Decided at about 2am this morning that I would stay up and go out for a drive when the sun started to rise. Didn't actually see it rise, but still, it was good fun nevertheless.

I did video the whole thing as well, which is why this thread is here.

I'm going to bed now, hoping to put the video into my computer and edit it later on today, should be up by the afternoon.

Good times! :D

There wasn't another car that was on my lane, saw maybe two or three cars oncoming to me over the whole 35 miles I did, also saw a VERY suspicious looking green/blue Focus parked down a ditch with all the windows steamed up. Seats were reclined back as far as they would go as well. :rofl: You'll see that near the end of the video.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
i used to drive to work at summer sun rise time. its the best time to drive. no traffic. just dumb rabbits and birds!

Yeh I was pretty damn surprised at the amount of animals that were randomly on the road.

I'm gonna start editing the damn thing now. Have around half an hour of footage!

BMW E92/Audi S3
I love driving when the roads are clear. You can drive on the wrong side of the road if you wanted to.. (but dont do it...)
Doing laps around roundabouts ftw

'91 Clio RT =D
I love driving when the roads are clear. You can drive on the wrong side of the road if you wanted to.. (but dont do it...)

someting I shall deffinatly look forward to when I can drive in 4 months time then :D

cant wait to see the vid, and the 'focus' lol!!

1.8 8v RSi
i've drove at sunrise so many times and i never get bored of it!
stupidly beautiful when u get a nice cloudless sunrise.
Just to hear only the roar of you engine and no one elses is amazing. echos so well threw our valleys.

A Flamin' Red one
Ahhh, I miss the days of unemployment! Going to bed at half five in the morning simply because I had nothing to get up for the next day! Ace.

gotta take the racing line on the corners... regardless of what side of the road you're on ;)

Now uploading the video to youtube and also Pistonheads.tv as the quality is a lot better.

I edited it a bit and added some music, but it just sort of ends suddenly. Oh well!

The f**king thing is taking the piss. I've tried uploading to PH.TV once and it failed now trying again, god knows what youtube is doing.

Apparently youtube takes between 1-5 minutes per mb, and my file is 85mb.

Jesus. PH.TV is 74 per cent done, just hoping that the damn thing doesn't mess up again.

You can have a much higher quality video when PH get off their arses and put it up. :D Let me know what you think.

Partner's Astra SRi
High quality vid is much better. youtube one made my eyes go funny.
Yeah, where was the camera mounted?

Top left of the windscreen. I've got a proper camera mount that I bought ages ago and hardly ever use so thought I'd give it a go. Was going to try mounting it somewhere else but I need to be able to see it to control the record button by remote control.

Ah yes, luckily there didn't seem to be any out yesterday. Too busy inspecting all the speed cameras probably.

Cool vid.

You got any pics of the mount? I've got one, but never use it. (The angle is a little strange - normally I use it for mounting to the outside of the car)
CIMG2811.gif

It literally just bends round enough on the windscreen. Could probably do with an extra joint in there so it could have a bit of movement.

DSC00517800x600.jpg

DSC00518800x600.jpg