ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunroof leak!

What do i have to do to stop it from leaking!!! I've gaffer taped around the whole damn thing and it still leaks! Could the aerial really let that much water in???

Round the glass-to-frame gap or round the frame-to-roof gap? Or both? lol

I just stick a plastic bin bag cut down the sides over the whole thing and shut it in the doors. Not exactly classy but does the trick...

Mine's usually pretty good when driving as I'm suitably erratic ;) so it doesn't get a chance to build up lol

Mine only leaks from a dry start if it's absolutely throwing it down or I'm stuck in traffic as well...

Yeah i meant when i drive my car after work or something and it's been raining.

Might try sealing the aerial as well i think.

Williams 2, STi N12
For the aerial you just have to make sure the bolt is tightend properly. However resealing the sunroof is a slightly tricker job.

The headlining of the car needs to be pulled back to access the retaining bolts, and normally the headlining is fixed with silicon adhesive in strips going across the roof line. The sunroof can come out in 2 bits after undoing all the bolts. Just leaving the cut hole in the roof.

Most leaks however are caused by either the warped glass, or a dogy seal around the edge of the glass.