ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunstrip

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi all.. i dont know much about the laws regarding a sunstrip but from a quick search i found that if the wipers hit the strip then that makes it illegal?

Anyway, my question was about the rain sensor, has anyone fitted a sunstrip over the rain sensor?

Does it just stop working or what?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
If you put it over the rain sensor it stops it working, it also makes the auto lights stay on unless you disable them. It will fail it's mot if the wipers touch it too.

RB 182 (Cup Pack)
Seriously - don't.
37311d1256070267-thinkin-bout-putting-my-headrest-41187ali-20g-20renault-205-20gt-20turbo.jpg

Clio RS200 FF
I usually put a light tint sun strip on my cars (haven't got one on the 200 though) and I've never had an issue at MOT with them. The light tint is just enough to stop the glare without blocking any of your view. My last one was light enough I could still see stars through it at night.

my cup had 1 when i first bought it but its since had a new windscreen and jesus does the sun just seem to get in my eyes from every bloomin angle.. could do with another 1 it was just like a medium smoke tint film on the insde