ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Super T’s

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Well I am gonna buy a Mk1 172 after the insurance is sorted on the 16v and I saw a 172 Mk1 at Donnington with these on and it set the car off nicely. I am not to sure though if I do go for these, firstly how much they are and also what size to go for 16" or 17".. I dont want the ride made harsh.

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

dont forget how much of a pain in the arse it is to clean!!!! people easily over look this factor, but considerin the size and the number of spokes, u will prob need to get ur toothbrush out! Oh and when u finished ur back will hurt like a 60 yr olds. But if this is no problem then go for 17s! It complements the car perfectly and the ride is not actually that harsh. it will obviously be more harder, but u have to expect that with any alloy upgrades

Titanium 182

my mams got them on her car which i clean and there a pain

i dont think oz are makin the legras anymore but if ther are go for them ;) just as nice lightweight etc and you dont get the pain in the ass factor!

GR7

Shiny red R32

ChavyBoy

Ignore Gengar and Dean, Super Ts arent a problem at all and as they improve the car immensely, just go for them, youll regret it if you dont. I have posted this before - if I arrive home after a wet drive, I get out the hose or bucket and sponge to give the wheels a very quick rinse as it is easy to get dirt off whilst still wet.

Usually I use a 1" paintbrush to clean the inside edges near the tyres and a sponge for the spokes, if you fold the sponge in half, you can clean both sides of a spoke at the same time. I have never ever had to use Wonder Wheels on my wheels because occasionally I give them a waxing, which helps to make cleaning easier, so they never get very dirty - as my neighbours will tell you!

We have 136 spokes to clean between us, as my hubby has 18" wheels with 18 spokes on each and it is usually me who does it and I really dont mind. Multi-spokes are so much better looking than those horrid wide 5-spokes - if you could call them spokes - that Renault put on their Mk2 172s. I think the wheels were so much nicer on the Mk1s.

This might help you to make up your mind CB! Mine are 17" and cost £770 with Toyo Proxes fitted.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1067290256__160402A.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1067290133__172700rear.jpg

Quote: Originally posted by ChavyBoy on 27 October 2003

Well I am gonna buy a Mk1 172 after the insurance is sorted on the 16v.
Ivan, whats the story there? What made you decide to go back to the 172 rather than getting a another williams/valver? i thought you had seen the light!

Explain yourself!:devilish: