ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SUPER URGENT SMART SCRATCH REMOVAL AND PAINT South Wales or Coventry area

172 rag
I had to rent a car to travel for a job interview, unfortunetely due to the facking shape of the car, while reversing yesterday I managed to scratch the rear bumper. Its not cracked or anything but it will definitely need painting the area.
If there is anyone in South Wales swansea, cardiff Newport area or on my way back to Coventry area that can repair it or know someone that can do it properly, I will be greatfull.
It needs to be done urgently, so today or tmr first thing in the morning (if it is in Coventry area) will save my arse and my mind.
I can provide photos etc.
I will be online all the time so please pm me or post here.

Thank you

172 rag
I just arrived in Coventry. Jaff I was driving when you replied but thank you very much for your offer.
I am still looking though for help but in west midlands now.
I cant upload photos but if anyone can assist I can email photos.
I can be anywhere at any time to fix the puke..

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My guy could have done it tomorrow but It would have involved a detour via Bristol.

172 rag
Daniel thanks for the reply. I just arrived in Coventry and honestly dont know what to do.
Do you mind if you pm me your email to send them just to have a look please.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
9ehurezy.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That's smart repairable, my bloke would charge £70 for that. (35 for the bumper, 35 for the black plastic)

It's not an ideal repair (I wouldn't have it on my car!!) but it would pass the eye of a hire car company employee.

Best get ringing around in the morning George!

172 rag
Thank you Daniel for posting the photos and for your advice.
I will make a list with those in the area, then probably pick a smart repair shop and be there before they open. If I am very very lucky and they have a slot I ll stay. Otherwise Daniel I will email you in the morning.
Dont ask why I didn take my cup:rolleyes:

I use perfect finish on Coventry and they have done a good job on my car with good prices. Look them up and give them a ring. Think they have a 24/7 mobile number on there website e

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Cheers @ davedreads

We could of done it as we are down in nuneaton ( bout 10 mins away ) unfortunately the workshop is rammed to the doors with cars ready for paintwork

plus us I don't think we have that colour to hand....

Try VIDAK repairs ( think that's how you spell it ) they do short notice

Personally id leave that well alone take it back and take it on the chin, a rush rush repair could end in tears, worst thing is if you have it done in a rush rush, they see it and dock you alot more to correct it.

Too much of this cover up malarky these days, take it on the chin instead of trying to pull a fast one, you wouldnt want a sloppy repair if the car was yours would you?.

(By the way im not saying any of the above chaps would do a sloppy repair, im just talking generally).

Golfs
On a related note, a mates dad did the same on the bumper of an Astra he hired in Scotland. Was in a really weird place and luckily low down. Trouble was the car was grey so stood out like a saw thumb. Quick visit to Halfords, some wet and dry and a spray can and I have to say it looked amazing. Don't get me wrong I did a s**t job since it was some 600 grit paper, no primer just a quick spray over and intense polish (I had some in my car) but it LOOKED good.

Never heard a thing.

172 rag
I would like to thank all of you for the advice and help.
It has been a hectic and depressing week lol but everything went ok.
I had the bumper and the black trim repaired and painted and the finished job was amazing.
I didnt go the smart repair route for peace of mind and just in case something would go wrong..
I dont want to go to much detail but the place that was recommended were very understanding, and did an ace job.
Jaff Daniel JavvaCake THANK YOU.
:cheers: