ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged 172 cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Qashcow
why do people compare it to other cars all the time? theres about 6-7 M3's in my estate, a few evo's but how many sc/turbo clios? standard CS sheep comments IMO. why dont i be different in an M3 and put a private plate on it too...... oh hang on a sec, they all have that too

my previous 4wd twin turbo car was f**king scary, not fun. in the wet it would randomly try to kill you and everything in it's 1600kg path. i for one have just started on my own sc route, not chasing huge figures, not even 300bhp. buying a new car hasnt even crossed my mind :) cannot wait.

MCS R56
Not really bitching mate just the usual banter that goes with any form of tuning, you have the people who've never been anywhere near a forced induction clio and those that have. Unfortunatley the former seem to think they know more than the later.

If you want the in's and out's on SC'ing phone Sean at Ktec sounds like they have a beast in the making, just hope the figures are more accurate than on the 300bhp turbo conversion.

Right I'm off guys think I'll head over to cupra.net and start commenting on the tuning scene over there, yeah I know I have a clio but I used to have a SEAT, LOL@GAZ

LOL, it's not difficult to understand. Off you pop then, you'll not be offending me. What does you having a Seat have anything to do with this thread? t**t!

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Just pointing out that as I no longer own an Ibiza I don't troll cupra.net, and I found myself wondering why someone who doesn't own a clio, doesn't see the point in tuning a clio and would'nt dream of spending money on a clio, would think his views on the matter were remotely interesting to the cliosport community?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Those that have spent the money will of course say it's not pointless. But Fwd, rwd, whatever. More than double the power that the chassis was designed for, and issues will occur.

You'll be able to use the power on the straights. In the corners it won't make you any quicker.

Over driven a Sc 172. If I won the lottery, I still wouldn't bother. But that's my opinion.

Have you been in one yet!!! Yes with the extra power you need to upgrade the suspension brakes etc but I'm not being funny you need to go in one first then post your view
Yes, over should say I've, iphone failure! I've driven a ktec sc'd 172. Am I now 'allowed' an opinion;)

BMW E36 328i Sport
Please don't shoot me down here but have people looked at sc saxos/106s for examples of what the Clio can surpass. People have been sc'ing them for a while and there are now off the shelf reliable kits for 400bhp, to a certain point the power is unusable in fwd but on track it will be the same through corners but with the extra power in the straights.

Still surprised I've not heard of any clios running a sc kit, forged and cams......that would be mad!

2.2 bar shed.
You live in the same area as me I'll show you what a sc Clio can do!!!!

I'll stick to my Rover thanks. I can guarantee theres much more excitement driving it. Wether you'll make it to your destination, wether the diff will pull you into oncoming traffic. All thrills you wouldn't get with a SC'ed Clio ;)

mso

172 cup supercharged
I'll stick to my Rover thanks. I can guarantee theres much more excitement driving it. Wether you'll make it to your destination, wether the diff will pull you into oncoming traffic. All thrills you wouldn't get with a SC'ed Clio ;)

Oh dear!!!!

MCS R56
Just pointing out that as I no longer own an Ibiza I don't troll cupra.net, and I found myself wondering why someone who doesn't own a clio, doesn't see the point in tuning a clio and would'nt dream of spending money on a clio, would think his views on the matter were remotely interesting to the cliosport community?

Well you can keep wondering, Rocket boy. And I didn't say there wasn't any point in tuning it, more no point spending that money for the gains. You brought up the cupra.net chat, not me. That has nothing to do with this thread.

Jog on.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6

ROFL

Proper forced induction owner

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Well you can keep wondering, Rocket boy. And I didn't say there wasn't any point in tuning it, more no point spending that money for the gains. You brought up the cupra.net chat, not me. That has nothing to do with this thread.

Jog on.

Obviously your stupidity prevents you from seeing the ture meaning of my post, bless.

Off for my jog now ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Wow. You sound like an exciting chap.

MCS R56
Obviously your stupidity prevents you from seeing the ture meaning of my post, bless.

Off for my jog now ;)

Not responding to the troll comments as I was generally interested but it seems some of the fools who SC their Clios are beyond conversation and have to respond with crap.

Good luck with the jog.

ITB'd MK1
same story every time, if you have to have the reasons to like something explained to you, you'll never really get it. If you like and want something done, then do it for you, not for people you've never met and tbh if they have such dramatically different opinions, you probably dont like them either

Status
Not open for further replies.