ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged Monaco - Speedo video

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
awesome!

who's gonna be the first to do this in a mk1 shell? ;)

i suppose i could volunteer if there are no takers :p

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
It wont (or shouldn't) go pop, standard engine can easily and safely handle 0.5 bar of boost

Can take it yes, but not easily. Seen so many standard bottom ends fail with various issues including rings, throwing rods and broken pistons. These have been totally stock standard with NO mods at all.

11:1 and boost is never going to be THAT reliable.

RS RIP
Can take it yes, but not easily. Seen so many standard bottom ends fail with various issues including rings, throwing rods and broken pistons. These have been totally stock standard with NO mods at all.

11:1 and boost is never going to be THAT reliable.

Paul , how long will a Rotrex last you think ?

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
That looks awesome!

good on you for investing your money on something so mental!

BMW M135i
With the way that the power is delvered the gearbox isn't an issue! It's not lke turbo where the power all comes in at once, the power delivery is nice and smooth so hardly no xtra stress is being added to the box
I was more on about the gearchanges ;), in my experience the box will not last long with hard fast changes with a standard engine let alone a boosted one with a lot more torque than the box was ever designed for. It may well last just fine but i'd be absolutely amazed.

Coupe/Defender V8
That car is immense beyond words. I've decided on a lp turbo. Can't help having driven one and not the other though :/

RS RIP
love it, sounds the part.
whats the bhp around 250-260ish?

248+ hp , 200+ footpounds Torque i believe. This is the "safe" setup, Rotrex charger running along mildly ;) Can go a lot further though with changed internals of engine

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
Looks really quick, seems pretty smooth power delivery compared. Like it.

Did you do that with your door open, or you seatbelt off (not sure which light it is)?

Evo 8 MR
lol @ all the people sayin get somethin else for the money, I'd prefer a rapid Clio to anything else anyday of the week, good on you for doing it Ben it looks and sounds the dogs!

I think that light is traction control or somethin?... don't know though, don't have a sport.

Coupe/Defender V8
lol @ all the people sayin get somethin else for the money, I'd prefer a rapid Clio to anything else anyday of the week, good on you for doing it Ben it looks and sounds the dogs!

I think that light is traction control or somethin?... don't know though, don't have a sport.

I second this, "Buy something faster to begin with" NO, you! Don't take the fun away ;)

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
I think buying 'something faster' to begin with isn't always the way to go. People buy 'fast cars' and make them quicker all the time.

There will always be a faster car that someone could have bought instead of making their current car faster, but, to me, that is not the point.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Shifts that buddy, shame about Photobucket and my computer not getting on so I could only watch a few seconds at a time :(

Renaultsport 200
Its obviously rapid, very rapid.

Isnt the 0 - 60 run though just a lot of wheel spin?

If you were at start line against something powerful, but lesser powerful I doubt you would get off the line and get your nose infront!

You would chew them up and spit them out when traction comes though!

RS RIP
^^ wheelspin yep, turn the sound up loud and you can hear/compare/see where the traction comes on and see what the ACTUAL speed is. Still very nice

The vid links are broken :(

I took a couple of pics of your car up at Trax...

PICT1343.gif

PICT1344.gif

White Evo V
Cool, thanks for the pics! Yeah the links are broken. Got a bit worried with people saying watch it with the vids, 130mph + street lights aint good! Although I have street lights and traffic lights on my private land! ;)
So I deleted them off photobucket!

None
Cool, thanks for the pics! Yeah the links are broken. Got a bit worried with people saying watch it with the vids, 130mph + street lights aint good! Although I have street lights and traffic lights on my private land! ;)
So I deleted them off photobucket!

Probably best mate :), have you thought about taking it to york and seeing what you can get on the quarter mile?......there is an ultimate RWYB on sunday October 11th if you're at all interested, i'll be going myself and maybe running my car that day, i'll even film your run on the HD camcorder so you can put up a video for people to see without it attracting the wrong kind of attention :)

White Evo V
Yeah I might do this mate! Did york in the car in standard form, managed a 15.01. Would be nice to see what it manages now!

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Please post some vids without street lights. Surely you must have a stretch of your private runway without them? I well want to see one of these running!

White Evo V
Please post some vids without street lights. Surely you must have a stretch of your private runway without them? I well want to see one of these running!

Il get some up soon mate,

Just fitted a boost gauge today, made a custom gauge pod to sit in the cup holder. Looks sweet! Il post some pics up tomorrow