ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharger for clio 172???????

Clio cup 172
Does anyone no where i can purchase or get a price for a super charger for a clio 172 cup and also has anyone had it done and what kinda results did you have also any pics would help cheers :cool:

Clio cup 172
yh i will do i managed to find one on k tec diy kit is 3999 and the kit fitted is about 4700 is it worth the hassel of doing it myself i am a mechanic but just thinking the work will be guaranteed then wont it? and is a supercharger better than a turbo kit?

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
yh i will do i managed to find one on k tec diy kit is 3999 and the kit fitted is about 4700 is it worth the hassel of doing it myself i am a mechanic but just thinking the work will be guaranteed then wont it? and is a supercharger better than a turbo kit?

No, but I'm quite biased :)

big boost cup
K tec is 20 mins from home so there. the only thing that bugs me about it is it dont like starting in these cold mornings.

Clio cup 172
well thats were i was goin to hopefully get mine done but its a five hour drive for me lol :eek: road trip how long did they have your car for? does it not well aslong as it eventually start thats the main thing :approve:

big boost cup
they had mine for a while but i had a few other bits done to it. cant wait till the summer stage two time. the drive back up will be very different and not take that long ;)

Clio cup 172
ohrite what does stage 2 involve then and what sort of gains you goin to expect yh now that would be the fun part and yh defo alot quicker but not breaking the law ;)

big boost cup
Forged internals (bigger injectors i think) removing the restrictor few other bits possibally paddle clutch or something similar. and a dci gearbox i think. id like to think 260 upwards i hope. yeah not speeding i cant see that happening

Tom how come yours only made 231 bhp? Did ktec call your car back after mine went pop, to fit a megane 225 pulley.

Clio cup 172
sweet well keep me posted and let me no when you get it done m8 i just watched some vids on youtube of clio cups supercharged fookin hell rapid lol i want it now any of you 2 got pics?

big boost cup
its got matched inlets de cat there recessed exhaust and the charger set up. they told me that they fitted a new pulley as in the meg one because of the problems with the clio one doing something. there was someone on here who had the same thing done and that was 250 ish i think but they didnt say what theres had on it tho. so i did think that it was a little low but not being that mechanical i didnt really question it, what you reckon it should be nearer then?

I was the first one to have the ktec sc conversion, on there rr mine made 243 bhp. After another tweek on a different rr it made 259.9.
It's goin back to ktec tomorrow to sort out a FEW problems.

big boost cup
so why is here such a massive difference between them then.i know its a different rr but thats ni on 30 ponies

The only thing that is different on my car to yours is my 2.5" exhaust.
Tell me about your problem with cold weather starting.... iv got the same prob.

big boost cup
thats the same bore as mine (I think) it just really dont want to start have to pump the throttle to get some sort of life but it then dies if you dont hold the revs around 2k for a couple of seconds. when its warm it starts first time.

Mine some times won't fire, turns over fine though. Plus my revs are sticking at 2k till it gets warm???
My exhaust is all in one, you have to remove the rear beam to get it off.
I was told my car did seem to be one of their fast sc conversions, I just thought it was because its a striped cup..... some say striped cups are like super cars lol.