ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

supercharger?

I was aiming for 220bhp on a low output setup and 250bhp on a high output version.....however, those figures got completely blown out of the water once Paul started mapping lol.

Pricing is not yet finalised as I am going to change the bracket material and one of the idler pulleys to an easier available item to lower machine time and component cost. Once everything is complete the kit price will be advertised, not until then.

As it stands, its an awesome upgrade for a stock engine and we just have to test how the gearbox and clutch hold up, but it seems to have been ok on the dyno so far. If not, then the kit will be restricted for 100% stock engines.

Must say a massive thanks to Paul, he has put in so much effort into the project, especially RE getting it running on the stock ecu.

The kits will only be available through Angelworks and RSTuning.

RS Clio 172 Phase 2
wow this looks awesome

probably not enough know how in Australia to get this off the ground tho.

ill keep watching tho!

RS Clio 172 Phase 2
plug and play.

Already got a customer waiting for theirs in Aus.

hahaahaha i know exactly who it is but they are being very coy about it and hasnt said boo on our forum!

cant wait, i might even have to go and see it!

RS Clio 172 Phase 2
£/BHP....sure is.

Plus retrofitability is easier.

ben i think we need to have a chat about my options on my 172FF here in Aus.

i skimmed the thread before, from a bog std 172 engine

whats the cost, whats the gains?

hows the old Ben_p phase 1 coming along?

Drop me an email then.

BenP's car is now my car, I bought it and will continue it....abeit slowly.

Ph1
How often does a aftermarket charger unit have to be serviced?

My mate had a big power G40 (not sure what charger, think stock but uprated) and he had to send his away every X amount of thousand miles.

Does the same apply to aftermarket ones ?

E39 M5 & Corsa track
depends what charger you go for, we use the rotrex c type chargers alot which use their own oil supply, so long as you keep you eye on the oil, it shouldn't leak any, its pretty maintence free, just oil change, no need for expencive rebuilds etc.

ValverInBits
Wonder how the GDi with AC will price up against the Angelworks without AC

don't spose we get any hints?

b/g 182, meg tourer
saw paul murray's supercharged ph1 172 in this months performance french car mag :) it looks animal!

I drove Pauls supercharged Clio the other week. Amazing bit of kit! Its been a long time since I was so impressed with something. Not only does it have bags of power but it is so tractable its untrue! It makes power all the way up the rev range and has such a smooth torque curve. Still pulls from 1000RPM as well and does it cleanly.

Its easy to make something fast/powerful. Takes a lot more effort to package it effectively, calibrate it so it drives like OEM and make it useable. 10/10 on all counts.

Paul/Ben - well done lads!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
M

M

mini-valver

When I saw bits of the kit down at AWT I was impressed, even more so at the outrageous amounts more power than it was expected to make!

White Evo V
Theres a guy who runs rs tuning in leeds whos got a mk1 172 in white thats supercharged, I saw him testing it up and down the road a few months back, sounded amazing so I drove down and followed him back to rs and he put it on the dyno, he said he was just doing the last touches as it was running rich but hopefully it would make about 300hp and he was running standard internals i think, The car certainly looked like it had 300hp, sounded like a 1000hp skyline!!!! amazing car too!!!! he said once hed got it running perfect he was going to be doing the conversion for approx £3k I think but dont hold me to that!

Audi TT 3.2 V6
As the power doesnt come in one great lump like a turbo how do we expect the gearbox/clutch to take 300+ bhp?

A lot better than on a tubby but still probably need uprated clutch. They are testing it at the moment and have said they will be able to do a restricted version for people who dont want to uprate clutch if needs be

Deffo a clutch if your going full whack, but we are offering a restricted unit for 100% stock plug and play use.....dont expect more than 230-240 on a stock clutch with decent lifespan though.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Is there a likelyhood that in the future you will offer a supercharger kit which can retain the aircon ben?

clio 172 cup
what will the torque be on a 300bhp supercharged clio?
is the torque available from as low as 3krevs like a turbo?

RS RIP
what will the torque be on a 300bhp supercharged clio?
is the torque available from as low as 3krevs like a turbo?

I think it will be there much earlier and not as heavy of a hit in torque. A turbo needs exhaust fumes to spool up untill it can release power so revs have to be made to get it spooling ; the charger will be spinning all along even at idle because it's belt driven

ValverInBits
the advantage is they are softer on the internals and the gearbox than the equivelent powered turbo car. They tend never to "kick"