ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharger

Go to www.needforspeed.co.uk and from the menu select "Car Part" then scroll down and select "Supercharger kits". Note at the bottom of the page it says:

"In addition to the above, the kit will have to be plumbed in by the fitter. However, this is not a major job, and we can offer advice if required."

So.....BenR?! Your opinion? Id be too scared to do this to my car just now (maybe in a couple of years). Reckon itd be possible to fit to a Clio?!

Rhys

yeah, space permitting, it should be no probs. The engine will be able to handle it, its just the plumbing in part, the charger will obviousely be on the left hand side of the engine baym and the forced air will need to be moved round to the left.........will be a tight squeeze!!

hell yeah!!!
cheaper than the 8000quid most want to turbo the valver....
just put in arp end bolts and maybe a thicker head gasket..

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

could do it to most cars as long as u can fit it in.
16v and willy have tight engine bays though.

With a supercharger you can expect 50% increase in power and if you intercool it or chargecool it you can expect anything from 70% - 100% more power

Agreed, you can quite easily double the power of the engine. But it takes a little more than an intercooler or chargecooler to do it.

i was watching a car program on tv and guy had fitted a supercharger to his car using an microwave oven fan, got the same results as a normal one.
might try it when i get back,mum wont be too pleased though.
cheers
delboy

Hvaing looked in my Clio172 engine bay I wont to know where the hell is this supercharger going to go?. There is space for a turbo but where would the charger go?.

Chun.

It would be funy to fit a supercharger to a clio 172 Im tempted but at this moment I just dont have the money to do it, and I think I would rather put this money something more useful hehe.

Chun.