ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharging my clio!

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
not quite

Angelworks developed the brackets, RS tuning and K-tec use the same Angelworks developed brackets

No, this is incorrect.

Angelworks commissioned a CAD engineer to design and make the brackets. Angelworks never paid the designer for the designs, Paul @ RS Tuning paid Ben for the brackets, but Ben never paid the engineer.

We initially purchased the designs from the engineer and subsequently revised the brackets, up'd the material strength and manufactured. These have been long term tested on one of our cars and we have fitted these to customers cars without issues.

Omex brackets are completely different and require a Cup Alternator and ancilliary bracket setup. These have suffered failures, including Kung_fu's vehicle.

In summary - All three companies who have or do offer Supercharged conversions use different types of brackets.

Last edited:
  Clio 182ff
How much bhp are you after? cos you may need to think of the cost of uprating everthing else - brakes, clutch kit, suspension etc...

...tbf this would be an awesome self-build project - if its a 172 you're boosting, then I would strip everything down and recondition the engine inside out.

my first car was a 1.2 fiat tipo and a heap. later on I did map and cam it, but firstly me and my uncle striped the engine to bits and rebuilt it like new - fun and learn't a shed load!!!

good luck and hope it happens!

(you must thread progress - lots of pics!)