ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

supercharging my sport

RB 182 Cup
right got some money to burn and its either itb's, turbo or blower and after watching the scooby and sc clio video on youtube i want to charge it!

what sort of price am i looking at and what company does it?

alex

RB 182 Cup
just been on their website and can only find the turbo and itb kit... £2.5k for the bolt on itb kit? what sort of power am i looking at on their ecu? nothing to the supercharger im guessing?

KTRs bolt on kit will give roughly 200bhp.

Doing what Russ has done will also give roughly 200bhp, as would using bike bodies. If I was going ITB I'd go down the home brew route and save crica £1500.

BMW M135I
Or seen as you have money to burn, maybe sign up as a paid member and get access to KTEC's sub section along with all the others that tell you prices etc, and give discounts for been a member

My KTR sc kit cost about £4200, running 243.6 bhp on .38bar of boost, but the mapping still needs tweeking.

DMS

A thirsty 172
The SC kits seem to deliver better power for the amount of boost they run.
My 172 only made 235ish bhp at .5 bar in comparison.

R26
So i take it, the sort of power you get depends on the state of your engine before hand 'getting a bad one' as its reffered to on here - or will all 1*2's make around the same power with the same boost?

DMS

A thirsty 172
So i take it, the sort of power you get depends on the state of your engine before hand 'getting a bad one' as its reffered to on here - or will all 1*2's make around the same power with the same boost?

Possibly but it won't make much difference. It's a supercharged baked bean tin at the end of the day, it's still going to go like s**t off a shovel.

ITB'd MK1

If it were me doing the job, I'd want to do a cambelt and service at the same time to make sure everything was in good health

DMS

A thirsty 172
I think anyone doing a decent job of it would check the engine is generally in good health prior to starting (unless rebuilding the engine at the same time).

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
My KTR sc kit cost about £4200, running 243.6 bhp on .38bar of boost, but the mapping still needs tweeking.

Still not mapped correctly?

Seriously, take it to Wayne Schofield, he had mine properly done in a day so it not only made loads more power, but was actually drivable too.

Lionel Richie
^oi would you please stop blowing smoke up your new boyrfriends arse, you've been at it for years now! ;)

^oi would you please stop blowing smoke up your new boyrfriends arse, you've been at it for years now! ;)

LOL

I will if you can find a clio of the same spec making anywhere near the same power ;)

Plus mapping niggles? Give me a break, these are the same issues
I was having on mine and no progress on that front in a year. Thats poor tbh

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Decent Turbo conversion if you have the money, ITB's + cams otherwise!

53 Clio's & counting
Bear in mind itb's work very well without cams, i love the power delivery of mine, itb's completely change the way the car drives, so dont get too hung up on power figures.

Dont get me wrong iv not been out in a SC clio, but I have driven Ktecs turbo'd one, and the power is fantastic, but id def say try an itb'd Clio as well as for the money its fantastic

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Mr kfspag, wasn't there another tuning company you raved about and recommended to everyone for years? What happened there?? ;).

Mr kfspag, wasn't there another tuning company you raved about and recommended to everyone for years? What happened there?? ;).

When my car was on ITB's and I suppose they needed it to make themselves look good it was all gravy, but since they went bankrupt attitudes changed and trust issues cropped up lol. For ITB's I never had any issues tbf.

Wayne's not a tuning company anyway, he just maps. He's done a cracking job of fixing mine and tbf, Chris', the Nana, Flaming Monkey & 2 lives are the quickest cars mod for mod. The fact he's local is perfect too...

DMS

A thirsty 172
Has he ever mapped a 172 / 182 turbo that anyone knows of? Wouldn't mind seeing what it makes and what the owner thinks of it, out of interest of course...

SQ5
Has he ever mapped a 172 / 182 turbo that anyone knows of? Wouldn't mind seeing what it makes and what the owner thinks of it, out of interest of course...

I've heard of a low pressure turbo that went there, lets just say first views on the original mapping werent great from what I hear. I would take yours there to get looked at too

mso

172 cup supercharged
My sc Clio that Ktec done is simply awesome,it's done about 3000 miles without a single problem,being honest I had a bit of juddering at low revs but that's all sorted now it made 255hp on the RR last month.If anyone is thinking of getting there's done Ktec is the place.