ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Superchip..anyone

Has anyone got their 172 superchipped? Just been on the superchip website and they claim it gives an extra 10bhp and theres a dyno graph to prove it....has anyone experienced the power increase first hand?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

might get 10bhp if you fit a better filter and a new exhaust cant see a chip getting 10bhp alone.

I dont think the 172 they tested had any mods....the bhp before was sumthing like 174 then after was 184 @ 6126rpm, suppose tho the rest of the rev range will only be increased by 6-7 bhp

Got supership installed on my 172... It do make a power increase, the torque more responsive..... however, how much power it really increase, dun really have a clue.

But if you are living UK, u could probably try some other ECU upgrades, such as unichip etc.... People said they are better than superchip. Coz for superchip, it is quite restrictive, one upgrade, then thats it, no more change. There are some topics about ECU upgrade, just search for those topics.

Cheers

Clio Dci

i have one on my cup and got impressive results. i had a magnex cat back and green panel filter at the time along with the superchip and had it on a rolling road the day after. it had 153 at whe wheels which works out at around 183ish at the fly.

the chip made the car feel like it hade more low down torque and pulled harder from lower in the revs. i now have a cda induction kit as well so would like to have it on the rr again.

hope this helps :)

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1069530565__powercurve.jpg

Clio Dci

unfortunatly no but there were other 172s there on the rollers the same day.

the standard 172s both got 144 at the wheels which works out around 172.

it was a cliosport rolling road day. if you do a search in meetings (i think) for nw rr day you should find all the graphs and power outputs.