ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Superchips ReMap

Clio RS 200
The only downside was that i had to sit around for about 6 1/2 hours!!!! Alot of the time was developing the bluefin and, when they custom mapped it first of all, they went back and made some more improvement as they wherent happy with the 1st set of results and wanted to bring down the temperature at which the fuel was igniting or something (disnt really understand that bit).

I dont think it would take longer then a morning normally.

53 Clio's & counting
I dont see what the big deal is with them doing that though. Its the same scale as manufactorers use when cars are new and the pre-map figures given are using the same scale, so its a 10bhp increase (regardless of the scale you use) and the car now revs to 8080rpm (although im not taking it that high!!!). Beyond all the figures though, the every day driving exsperiance has been vastly improved! No more max speeds of 2mph when cold and there are no flat spots whatsoever! Torque has been hugely improved and it is noticeably faster.

I would highly recommend the map (ignoring figures) for the overall improved driving exsperiance it has given.

My personal experiance of Superchips has been excellent all round and the bluefin is fantastic for warrenty perpuses as you can reload the original map at any point within seconds. Thank you Superchips. :)

its just missleading mate, imagine if you had no idea about cars, and got told for, lets say on average £350 on a remap will get you a very decent power increase over standard, which it wont.

I understand on the smoothness thing, a decent mapper would make any car 'feel' faster by making more power lower down, which will make it seem faster, when in reality it isnt.

A good example was years ago i had a Golf VR6 - mapped by AmD and after that it felt like a rocket, pulled like a train from 1000 rpm and revved to 7000 (standard limit is 6400).

Though side by side my friends standard Vr6, from 10-145 mph there was no difference, in fact the performance was exactly the same as before, as our cars performed the same before my map and filter upgrade - even though it came back with 12bhp more from a back to back rolling road.

I am merely, same as Nick, trying to be realistic - take it to somewhere who has huge knowlegde with Renaultsport models, like RS Tuning or TDF, and from a custom map you might get a standard 200 somewhere near 200bhp from 194 ish (remember the 200 is in PS, not bhp)

If these guys who have had years and years of working near specifically with RS models cant get any more than a few bhp more, then putting it politely Superchips wont get more than that either IMO.

I hope it does driver better, and id like to see a graph from an independant rolling road, only to see more things like AFR, and also the power loss figures on that graph are wayyyyy out - you should have more than 150 bhp at the wheels standard, so a trip to TDF for a run would be great to see :)

clio 172 monaco blue
Seems like a huge waste of money remapping a N/A car... especially for the sake of 10bhp because in reality that makes VERY little difference on the track. remappers must be rubbing there hands when non turbo cars come in

Evo 8 MR
Seems like a huge waste of money remapping a N/A car... especially for the sake of 10bhp because in reality that makes VERY little difference on the track. remappers must be rubbing there hands when non turbo cars come in

That is where you are wrong. A remap is aftermarket so the car doesn't have to meet regulations that it needs to when new (within reason) so it povides much more than just peak horsepower.

Completely wrong.

The £40 odd quid I spent on the RSTuner remap was one of the best mods I did to my car.

220 Trophy
Mr Faulks remapped my 200 when I had it, was 190bhp before and then depending on which map we went for, increased to just below 200.

These were bang on the numbers for all the 200’s he’d seen.

Can’t say I noticed any difference, it was just a bit of fun but probably could’ve done something more worthwhile with the money.

Megane RS 250
I see they're using the same dyno here at Supersprint, a MAHA. Usually it's quite precise.

Here your chart compared to the 200 we tested.
Do you have the chart of the before and after runs, with lambda, conditions etc?
Superchips-Graph.jpg

This is ours, stock, full exhaust and comparison:
33269.jpg

33270.jpg

33271.jpg

Why did they use the DIN correction factor? it's obsolete. The power loss is a bit high, do you have semislick or maybe the tyres weren't well inflated? Could also be the dyno wasn't very well lubricated. Seems your car was a bit low on power from the start

Last edited: