ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supersprint exhaust - noise difference with and without silencer?

2003 Cup 172
So, I've just got back from K-tec with a clean bill of health for my recently purchased 172 Cup (ph2) - but only after a big bill no thanks to the previous owner doing nothing in the past year to help the car, and the moronic garage who did changed the cambelt and cam seal 9000 miles ago who ended up using the wrong cam seal (not suitable for VVT) which meant that there was a huge oil leak out of sight from me when I viewed the car, which then meant that all the belts needed changing again (they were ruined) and obviously a new seal, grrr. You kind of take it for granted that if work has been carried out by a garage that it has been done competently. Anyway, i've managed to get off topic before I've even started it!!

I'm going to replace the exhaust system with something better suited for track days and the occasional drive around (it's currently got a cheap, universal replacement). I've decided on the supersprint stealth cat back system and a k-tec sports cat. I would go for the supersprint sports cat but given it costs £1k, I don't think so.

So, my question is with the supersprint exhaust system, does anyone know the sound difference between the non-slienced and the silenced centre section? Would the non-silenced version be a little too loud for normal driving? (and possibly for silenced track days, which is my main concern)

Also - if anyone has got this combo then i'd love to see/hear a video.

Cheers

Phase 2 Clio 172
Hi Steve, I've got a Supersprint Stealth going on my 172 along with a KTR decat pipe very soon. Its the un-silenced centre pipe version which I reckon is gonna be loud! Will get a video up as soon as I can. If you are looking at doing track days, it may be too loud with the straight through centre section.

2003 Cup 172
Hi Brickied. I went ahead and ordered a K-Tec sports cat and the Supersprint cat back system with the centre silencer. Got them sat in my garage at the moment and will hopefully get them fitted on Saturday. I decided that the unsilenced version may cause issues so I thought i'd play it safe.

2003 Cup 172
Had my system fitted today, sounds nice. Can be a little boomy through certain rev ranges, but sounds sweet when you give it some and get over 5000rpm. Not heard what it's like from outside yet, will do that tomorrow.