ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Surely People Don’t Declare Everything

Quote: Originally posted by Friction on 18 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Davehughes on 18 May 2005

how about just fit things which are easy to remove, like a cup spoiler or somethink, plus the colour coding reno released the clio which is colour coded, i would just declare them less hassle in the long run, imo
not that easy if youre lying half dead in hospital, or the car has just been stolen... thats what people forget when they take that approach. Much easier just to declare the mods in the first place, or go with a company who dont bother about cosmetic mods.

and its still technically fraud.
[Edited by Friction on 18 May 2005 at 4:55pm]
read my post i said "i would just declare them less hassle in the long run, imo" and if your dead (or half) your not really going to worry about the car are you?? and DONT nicked car hardley (spl)ever get recoverd, usally broken into bits and sold, iam not agruing or disagreing just epressing my view.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

how about just fit things which are easy to remove, like a cup spoiler or somethink, plus the colour coding reno released the clio which is colour coded, i would just declare them less hassle in the long run, imo
not that easy if youre lying half dead in hospital, or the car has just been stolen... thats what people forget when they take that approach. Much easier just to declare the mods in the first place, or go with a company who dont bother about cosmetic mods.

read my post i said "i would just declare them less hassle in the long run, imo" and if your dead (or half) your not really going to worry about the car are you?? and DONT nicked car hardley (spl)ever get recoverd, usally broken into bits and sold, iam not agruing or disagreing just epressing my view.
lol, sorry, i wasnt arguing either. Was just suggesting that you dont fit anything to the car without declaring it. Its funny though, when my mate woke up after his head operation after an accident that almost killed him, the first thing he asked (after asking if his passenger was ok, even though he didnt have one), was if the car was ok... lol

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

doctor fox, there isnt one insurance company that wont pay out to a third party on a void policy due to unclared mods - so i wouldnt be any more pissed off than someone with a standard car running into me.

Quote: Originally posted by SOHROB on 18 May 2005

what if u buy a used car lke most people do,how would you know what is standard if your not interested in cars ? how would u know it had uprated shocks ? had been chipped or alloys etc
Ignorance isnt an excuse.

Skoda Fabia vRS

i always declare everything !

after the hassle im going through to get paid out on what i declared, i really wouldnt like to go through the stress if i hadnt declared it

ex Clio 172 owner :(

I colour coded the mirrors on my old RT and put a phase two grille on.

Declared with elephant as exterior decorative changes.

Im with you CupCake.

Falling on deaf ears Im afraid.

Theyll learn the hard way.

lol, sorry, i wasnt arguing either. Was just suggesting that you dont fit anything to the car without declaring it. Its funny though, when my mate woke up after his head operation after an accident that almost killed him, the first thing he asked (after asking if his passenger was ok, even though he didnt have one), was if the car was ok... lol
true i know i would ask as the first think i said when i woke up, as i love my car lol

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

I have just renewed my insurance and I have declared everything! In the past I didnt but after experiencing having my car impounded and checked over with a fine tooth comb after I was accused of leaving the scene of an accident....I play it by the book.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra

Most things are declaired on my car aswell although we didnt get into the detail of smoked side repeaters.. Telling them about williams wheels was great fun. They dont make it more attractive to thieves due to been painted black and looking like steel wheels!

Insurance companies have an obligation to pay out for 3rd party claims, void insurance due to mods or not.

Declare all, things like batteries will not up your premium but they are aware and cannot use that against you. Same with blue visions etc

Adrian Flux stuck £60 on our premium on the 172, mods were Carbon fibre bonnet, 17" Anthracite OZ Super Ls, Gaz Coilovers, Silvervisions, Full magnex exhaust system and viper IK. only bonnet and wheels made a difference iirc because of the value of them to replace if they got knicked. Hence why some companies charge a fortune for after market alloys.

Never declared me willy transplant thou:oops:

I declare everything I know of and that includes the uprated clucth. Even on my stock Clio Ive declaired the CD changer since it wasnt fitted when new.

E87 118i

I still cant believe how anal the insurance cos are in the UK, my car is insured for its current market value...thats it. for eg. I havent declared my additional ice, cos you will pay far too much extra on your premium - the risk is a choice you make. If the car is stolen, I on;ly expect to be paid out the value of the car.

am I right i saying that you declare you new rims cos if the car is stolen you want to get pid out for the value of the car and your the cost of your new rims ? well then I agree your premium will go up. but surely if you are happy to just be paid out the value of your car, the new rims have nothing to do with it....they cant prevent paying you out the insured value of the standard car can they?

and as for colour coding makeing a difference as to insurance thats crazy.......

hell, I dont even need to have insurance at all - well you wuold be dumb not too - especially since they release stats saying that 50% of drivers on the roads here have fraudulantdrivers licenses. oh and my car has never been for road worthy cos I bought it new - thats it, no one cares what it looks liek now, unless a cop pulls me over.....bit in 9 years I thnik it happened twice and tht was just a routine licence check.

Quote: Originally posted by POW_Clio on 18 May 2005

so if you get a new head unit you dont have to tell insurance?
My policy said that audio equipment was covered up to £1000, I asked them about this and they said u can change it but if ur car gets wrote off u wont be paid any extra for it. Best to keep the old 1 and put that in if the worst happens. Dont know if this is the case with all insures.

ST

Quote: Originally posted by rock on 19 May 2005

I still cant believe how anal the insurance cos are in the UK, my car is insured for its current market value...thats it. for eg. I havent declared my additional ice, cos you will pay far too much extra on your premium - the risk is a choice you make. If the car is stolen, I on;ly expect to be paid out the value of the car.

am I right i saying that you declare you new rims cos if the car is stolen you want to get pid out for the value of the car and your the cost of your new rims ? well then I agree your premium will go up. but surely if you are happy to just be paid out the value of your car, the new rims have nothing to do with it....they cant prevent paying you out the insured value of the standard car can they?

and as for colour coding makeing a difference as to insurance thats crazy.......

hell, I dont even need to have insurance at all - well you wuold be dumb not too - especially since they release stats saying that 50% of drivers on the roads here have fraudulantdrivers licenses. oh and my car has never been for road worthy cos I bought it new - thats it, no one cares what it looks liek now, unless a cop pulls me over.....bit in 9 years I thnik it happened twice and tht was just a routine licence check.

Really!!?? :eek:

Octavia VRS

Quote: Originally posted by Cyberblob on 19 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by POW_Clio on 18 May 2005

so if you get a new head unit you dont have to tell insurance?
My policy said that audio equipment was covered up to £1000, I asked them about this and they said u can change it but if ur car gets wrote off u wont be paid any extra for it. Best to keep the old 1 and put that in if the worst happens. Dont know if this is the case with all insures.
cheers mate I didnt even think of telling insurance when I changed it from the Philips Renault one. Its not an expensive CD head unit anyway, a lot cheaper than 1k!

Quote: Originally posted by rock on 19 May 2005

Think youre missing the point mate. Insurance companies calculate premiums on a risk assessment not just how much it would cost in the event of a claim.

I declared my 17" Racing Dynamics wheels and it cost me...

NOWT. Woo - hoo!

I asked about fitting an induction kit, powerflow catback and superchip and they said 134 per year. I said okay no worries, Ill tell you when its done.

I havnt declared the xenon headlight bulbs, silvertech indicator bulbs or Bosch spoiler wiper blades...lets not get silly, Id say there is a def argument there for it simply being maintenance using OEM parts...

Oh and incidentally they cannot void the insurance in an accident unless they can prove that the modifications either made the vehicle illegal/unroadworthy or were contributory to the accident. They will however make you pay for the increased premium and may refuse to reinsure you.

Incidentally on the wheels...I rang before I had them done (Direct Line) and they said 200 quid for the rest of the term and then see at renewal what I got quoted. I argued that the car had alloys on it already (standard) and so fitting a second set shouldnt increase the premium so much. They said I was replacing used with new and so the Premium hike.

I called a second time and low and behold got another rep who was nuch more to my liking. I argued that the wheels on the car were new whan I took out the insurance and so I was paying for new alloys, they were used as soon as the car hit the road but then so are the ones that are on it now surely! She said that was fine, as the car was new when I bought it I was coverd and changing the wheels to cosmetically different wheels (even though size/offset have changed) was fine.

So, declare away, but be ready to make a case if they try and shaft you!

ive declared everything down to my seats, grills, gearknob & steering wheel! (and i aint even got a gearknob or steering wheel yet!!)

Im with adrian flux and you get this booklet sent out to you after you open up a policy with them and i just filled in a load of mods ive got and ones im planning to get. really useful & didnt put it up anymore even tho i didnt tell them most of them over the phone!

Also, the main reason ive declared everything is because ive been down the route of not declaring before & im sure most people on here knew what happened there!!!! ill give you a clue tho....

http://www.modifieduk.com/Assets/Images/4.jpg