ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suround Sound

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
As I officially move into my Apartment with the Girlfriend Tomorrow I'm toying with the idea of sorround sound,

I'll be using my TV from Home which is a 37LG6000

9876-lg6003.jpg

I'm looking for a nice looking LG Surround Sound System as I'll probably upgrade the TV to a bigger model at some point but stick with LG,

We will probably just use the PS3 for Blu-Rays so Blu-Ray capabilities is not a must,

I've been seeing a few 2.1 Digital Surround Sound Systems, These any good?

Links, Reports, Advice Please.

Cheers
Andy.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
no get 5.1

Why get something that can imitate 5.1 when you can get 5.1.
I had a Yamaha sound projector thing and they are ok but not the same as 5.1. So i changed it

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Yeah I'm just thinking about Space and Speaker Positioning thats my only concern

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Carpets already laid as we're just renting for now.... I'm think I'd have to get those Stands as the less drilling I do the better

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I'm looking at that Onkyo 2.1 system they do that can be expanded to 5.1 later on.

Rear speaker positioning would be awkward in our living room and tbh I just want something to beef up the sound a bit.

decent 2.1 rocks trust me in teh stuff your looking at you dont even get a real sub the cones too small and the cabit sits in is too

3629164729_88d8181886.png

3630005414_c980624102.png

182 FF Inferno
I'm looking at 2.1 sound at the moment. Can't be bothered with wires everywhere and haven't really got the space.

Been looking at LG354BS (also have an LG LCD so would fit in well) but also tempted by the Sony BDV FS350 (lack of Ipod dock puts me of though) Both are Blu ray.

Looking round Avforums, seperates seems to be the way to go but there above my budget (£400 max, hopefully less!)

its more the speakers on all in ones that are the issue they just arnt big enough to deliver decent sound and they have plastic cases etc

you dont need everything at once surly you dont need a bluray player straight away ?

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
hmm just remembered I've got a Kenwood amp and some rogers speakers boxed up in the cupboard that my dad used to have. Pity I've got no room to set them up. Got somewhere the amp could go but no space either side of the tv :(

Storm Grey 200
You need to make sure that the system you have actaully has an optical input for your xbox/ps3. Most of the ones that come with a dvd player are just 5.1 for the dvd player, and may offer a phono input for a console or something, but that will just be stereo, not surround.

182 FF Inferno
@ mcbunny

Any thoughts on the Onkyo HTX-22HD?? Can get a refurb for £250 which would leave enough for Blu ray player.

182 FF Inferno
its nice but has issues with the ps3 and hdmi audio iirc

Yeah, been reading up about it on avforums. Dont have a ps3 but connect my xbox thro hdmi which could cause the buzzing issue. Found some refurbs for sale which I hope has the buzzing issues fixed.

Would you recomend it over an LG/ Samsung/ Sony all in one??

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
@ mcbunny

Any thoughts on the Onkyo HTX-22HD?? Can get a refurb for £250 which would leave enough for Blu ray player.

That's the one I was talking about in my post above :)

Wouldn't worry too much about the ps3 problem, not everyone had the problem and if you do it gets fixed, just a bit of a ball ache to sort I guess.

Hopefully I'll be ordering one soon :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
McBunny's Setup looks good and he also recommended the TV to me so I trust his words :)

I'll look into it more over the next few weeks once the Broadband gets setup in my new place

its really just all down to what you like and want from it

if you were closer you could have come for a listen

lets put it this way though though finding nemo sounds amazing when the pelican is trying to avoid teh gulls flying through the sails but thts nothing compared to darla tapping the fish tank it makes everything shake

i just need a bigger sub next :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'll look into seperate Units as it seems the best route, Space is just my issue as I have a Slimline Low Compact TV Unit,

A friend downstairs has a Surround Sound System made up seperately so I'll have a listen and ask him what he is using.