ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Surround Sound Problem

Skoda Fabia vRS
[h=3][/h]Just got an LG 47LN575V, and the in built speakers were rubbish so we got a Sony BDVE190 surround sound kit from Richer Sounds.

Currently connected via a Cambridge HDMI cable (1.4)

We are having a problem when changing channels on the tv the sound will be off on the next channel, sometimes it comes on after a few seconds wait, sometimes 30 seconds to a minute, and sometimes it doesn't come on at all. Sometimes it will work fine for a few channel changes and then stop working. Recently watched some YouTube videos using the app on the TV and the first two worked fine then when the 3rd started playing the sound was off and stayed off.

I've checked all the ARC settings on both the TV and bluray player and everything is on the correct setting, I don't know whether its a HDMI ARC issue or anything really.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Has the TV got an optical out for audio ?

What's ARC ?

I'd guess it's the TV but if you've onlyhad it for a few days, give RS a call...

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
ARC is audio return channel. It sends the audio from the TV back to the amp.

If both devices have optical ports then try it with an optical lead. I know you shouldn't have to really.

RS are pretty good at just swapping stuff though so see what they say

FF 182
Recently bought the same tv. I had to use an optical cable to my surround sound for it to work properly.

Thanks to gex on here as i was getting very annoyed. Wouldn't work with hdmi

Skoda Fabia vRS
Thank you !

I've searched all over for anyone else with the same issue but found nothing, I'll try optical

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I'd return it personally and get them to sort you out something that works.

Skoda Fabia vRS
Tried it on another TV and its the same, looks like its faulty, RS are sorting out a swap next week, fingers crossed the other unit is ok

Its a shame as it seems a good system for the money, sometimes it works OK for a bit.

FF 182
Had to return mine the other day, got the lg soundbar and subwoofer from currys in the sale. Much better with the lg tv and looks nice. Also able to use the tv remote to use the soundbar

FF 182
I had s sandstorm soundbar and wireless sub. The sub cut out from the soundbar now and again and the sub randomly "popped" very loudly now and again.

I went for the lg soundbar and wireless sub from currys for £174.99 and very easy to connect and set up and no problems so far

Skoda Fabia vRS
finally got a replacement from Richer Sounds, its doing exactly the same as the other unit, works fine at first, then you stay in the tv guide for longer than say 15 seconds and when you choose a channel their is no sound

its as though if their is a pause in sound from the tv for longer than a few seconds the unit just wont output anything, if your quick navigating through things, switching channels or using the apps, it pretty much always works

so now i dont know what to do, if its a tv issue or the surround sound kit

anyone any ideas

Brun, might be worth a shout on AV forums to see if anybody has any other suggestions or experienced similar symptoms.

FF 182
Brun, my new lg soundbar with the same tv as yours as i previously stated, turns itself off after a while if i'm flicking through the tv guide. It automatically swithces off to save on electricity, prevents you leaving it on all day. For example, when i go to bed, i only need to switch the tv off and within 20 seconds the soundbar will turn itself off which is a good thing i think, granted is annoying when your only flicking through the tv guide.

So its anot a fault with either i don't think. Not sure if you can turn the "timer" off on the tv settings for the soundbar or if there are settings for the soundbar that can be changed on your remote?

Skoda Fabia vRS
now exchanged the Sony system for a Yamaha YHT199 which is flawless, works perfectly, and i think it actually sound better too, a bit more money but at least it works