ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Surround sound system....... Speaker issue

S2 106 GTI
Since moving into the new home I have brought all my goodie's from my parents house (tv, ps3, sky etc....)

I have a Sony Surround System, but one speaker died last year and never got round to replacing it.

I am thinking to either buy a whole new system, or just buy all new speakers and keep the receiver.

Is it possible to change the speakers? I was thinking about BOSE or Hardon Karman

Rich

330Ci (Fail)Sport
If it's an all in one surround sound, Sony usually uses non-standard connections for speaker cables and the speakers are usually of low impendence, much lower than standard speakers from experience. What's a rough budget you have? I'd go for a new system personally.

Tesla MP3 2021
Cant beat separates imo.

I recently upgraded to a HDMI Onkyo AV Receiver and a set of Harman Kardon 5.1 speakers.

S2 106 GTI
Setting budget around £350-£400 maybe slightly more....but not much more! could always upgrade better later.

Just been into a local home entertainment shop and they gave me a good deal on a Onkyo system full,

Adam how much was yours??

Tesla MP3 2021
Mine was within your figures there. I went for....

Onkyo TX-SR507
HARMAN KARDON HKTS7

Its a great setup, the sound is truly awesome, amazing with films, music etc etc and also makes a massive improvement over normal TV.

S2 106 GTI
The package was the Onkyo HT-S5305

He said for the money it is one of the best out there and you can always upgrade the speakers - but for standard set up its great!

S2 106 GTI
Managed to find a good deal and going for it!

Onkyo TXS-308
Jamo A102 speakers
and all the cables I need for free! TDI cables or something? lol

S2 106 GTI
replying to this thread - but can a macbook be hooked up to this system?? as we have a house party in a few weeks and wondering if it would work? If not I'll be jut using the ipod