ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension bolt size?

AG 200FF/PH1 172 MB
I'll be changing the factory socks over this coming weekend and I don't want to but the old rust items back on the car. Iv had a look on here and can't find a definitive answer/no one confirmed it to be true

could some one tell me the size of the bolts that hold the front shock the the hub and the rear shock to the axel

Any help would be brilliant thank you

Many.
Your Mk3 or Mk2?

Mk2 is M14 through the shock/hub, but they need to be the Genuine renault ones, as they are shouldered and splined. Circa £7 each IIRC.

Rear is a M12 IIrc, again, shouldered, so ideally Genuine again.

182 Cup, DC2, E500
I priced these from Renault, and Alex is about right in his prices. Remember that you will need the nuts for the fronts aswell.

In the end up scrubbed mine clean with a wire brush and copper slipped them to death.

I have no plans of getting them off again during my ownership, and neither should the next owner as its all just been freshly rebuilt.

AG 200FF/PH1 172 MB
You expecting a cheeky wee delivery then dude ;-)

hope so haha!

I priced these from Renault, and Alex is about right in his prices. Remember that you will need the nuts for the fronts aswell.

In the end up scrubbed mine clean with a wire brush and copper slipped them to death.

I have no plans of getting them off again during my ownership, and neither should the next owner as its all just been freshly rebuilt.

Maybe be just as easy cleaning them up. Or get one of each from a scrappy and take it to a fastenings place beside me see what they can offer me

cheers mate :)