ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SUSPENSION DROP

Renault Clio
Hi guys I have a 98 V reg clio and yesterday I decided to visit halfords to order/enquire about some lowering springs. Basically I am posting this beacuse I need to know if I lower it 30mm will that be enough considering I have 17" Rims:-

http://www.halfords.com/wcsstore/HalfordsConsumerDirect/images/catalog/80-927152 .jpg Sorry about the size only pick I could find
rolleyes.gif

Would I possibly be able to lower it 60mm front and rear and not need any work done on the arches or should I just play it safe and keep it at 30mm????

Would really appreciate some advice as I am slightly stummped as what to do :S

iv heard some people who lower the cars 60mm with out upgrading the shocks,
on 17" have problems with rubbing on full lock.
If you get a full suspention kit it shoul be ok as it sits higher.

heres a pic of 35mm (springs only)
004.jpg

006.jpg

and with 60mm PI suspention kit...

011.jpg

Renault Clio
The trouble is I can get the front and rear springs for 80 quid (thats on a 30/35mm drop) If I go for 60mm, like you say If I dont go for shocks (which I will probably have too) as well it may/will scrub, I heard that too.

In a bit of a rut as I dont want to lower it just 30/35mm if its going to look as if I havent lowered it at all???

How much could I get a full kit for the springs I have been quoted for where actually PI's though so at least thats a bonus.

R-tec wanted £360 for the PI kit, but i got Top-gear to get them for me for
£260, which they didnt make a profit on.

35mm without shocks will lower it nearly as much as 60mm with uprated shocks.

iv heard some people who lower the cars 60mm with out upgrading the shocks,
on 17" have problems with rubbing on full lock.
If you get a full suspention kit it shoul be ok as it sits higher.

If you have the right offset etc wheel there no problem realy depends on spring type and if your liners etc.

60mm should be 60mm regardless of whats included in the kit what you have to emember is what is advertised isn't always what you get as mm droped sels the bigger the claim the more they sell often.