ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension Info - Bilstein

Clio 172
Morning everyone,

hope we all well on this hot as s**t monday (RSA)
My Clio 172 Phase 2 silver is up for a change of shocks,
and i am looking at these as the price is great with the discount code

Aiming at buying
with

128 pounds (Used Honey browser extension to get the best discount code)

But i wanted to ask if anyone has used these bilstein shocks before ? tried searching forum but mostly its the coil overs that people are chatting about

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Never heard of anybody using those shock absorbers before.
Why not stay with standard shocks? They're only £35 each from renaultpartsdirect.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Yeah renault parts direct £141.66 without delivery for two shocks n shock mounts
and they dont want to ship to south africa so yeah :/
Ahhh I see. You've spoken to renaultpartsdirect over the phone and they said no,
I take it you've tried through Renault in SA ?
I'd just be a bit wary myself that these shocks are 1*2 spec and not just bog standard mk2 shocks.

Clio 172
Ahhh I see. You've spoken to renaultpartsdirect over the phone and they said no,
I take it you've tried through Renault in SA ?
I'd just be a bit wary myself that these shocks are 1*2 spec and not just bog standard mk2 shocks.

Mailed them and he straight up responded saying no,
i offered to collect via my own DHL / DSV account and he ghosted me (Paul tempterton)

i have mailed euro car parts and asked them to please send a full spec sheet for the billsteins so i can triple check the bolt spacing and all that jazz,
but on there configurator i put my car details ( 2002 clio 2.0 petrol) and they show along with the sachs model and a cheapie model as working.

So will see what they say

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Thanks champ, checking with them now
Good luck. Hope you get sorted with Kam racing, they're the ones I'd go with if possible.
Eurocarparts are good for alot of things but I'd be reluctant to buy suspension parts from them in case they are wrong.

Clio 172
They wont fit as Bilstein dont make aftermarket dampers for the RS models.

Hey man,
that is whats its starting to look like,
i checked on bilsteins site and they are not listed at all :/
bit annoying that they would have them as something that works

these look like they should

but now how do i know they have not fucked up again

Clio 172
If anyone would like to chip in with what / where i should look for these (Ebay generally easiest ) that would be great,
dont mind if its not original can be aftermarket or koni etc etc

So far euro car parts is a no go, as they dont seem to know wtf they doing.
And kamracing still hasnt gotten back to me

Clio 172

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
If anyone would like to chip in with what / where i should look for these (Ebay generally easiest ) that would be great,
dont mind if its not original can be aftermarket or koni etc etc

So far euro car parts is a no go, as they dont seem to know wtf they doing.
And kamracing still hasnt gotten back to me

Well I have there lol
I'll be answering your email shortly regarding shipping costs of the Renault dampers. I just have to prioritise packing orders.
I come on here as I am talking to customers on the phone so two birds with one stone and all that :D

Clio 172
Well I have there lol
I'll be answering your email shortly regarding shipping costs of the Renault dampers. I just have to prioritise packing orders.
I come on here as I am talking to customers on the phone so two birds with one stone and all that :D

I was just about to come back on and say Kam Got back to me haha
Thanks very much for the help, and thanks for getting back to me, wouldnt believe how many places i've been trying to buy from over the past week and just nobody gets back to you .

@MRBILLYUK Thank you for mentioning KAM Racing

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I was just about to come back on and say Kam Got back to me haha
Thanks very much for the help, and thanks for getting back to me, wouldnt believe how many places i've been trying to buy from over the past week and just nobody gets back to you .

@MRBILLYUK Thank you for mentioning KAM Racing
So you're all sorted now with shocks from Kam racing?
There's not alot you can do really about incurring higher postage costs living so far away.

Clio 172
So you're all sorted now with shocks from Kam racing?
There's not alot you can do really about incurring higher postage costs living so far away.

Yep all sorted :)
Might end up buying some extra goodies.

I always pay delivery costs, but some of the places just dont get back to you, and i cant always phone cause of the international roaming number charges.

Also South Africa is insane, 650 pounds just for the front shocks with an 8 week lead time.
I generally import everything for the cars

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
I have a few garages I supply Renault parts to in SA. I have no idea what they charge their customers but I'd say a fair bit more as they never argue price!