ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension kit and lowering?

Renault clio mk2
Whats the best suspension kit for the clio, apex or spax? Any1 got any advice and also will 16s alloys be ok for 60mm lowering?

16s should be ok with 60mm just make sure the offset is right, id go for koni or eibach suspension or coilovers.

I'd go for Apex rarthe than SPa due to the issues I had but FK coilovers would be my peference for coilover at a good price.

Renault clio mk2
yeaa if i get jus lowering springs for da clio nd keep its standard like dampers, will it just end up need repairing in the long run?

Mazda MX5 1.8
yeah lowering on std shocks isnt a great idea

they will go sooner or later
may as well do the job properly in the 1st place

Motorbikes
or you couldbuy the springs, then later replace the dampers with apex or spax or whatever springs you get to spread the cost. more work involved though.

I'm also thinking of lowering sometime, if i buy a kit over the web, will my local be able to fit them?

steven.m said:
or you couldbuy the springs, then later replace the dampers with apex or spax or whatever springs you get to spread the cost. more work involved though.

I'm also thinking of lowering sometime, if i buy a kit over the web, will my local be able to fit them?
You cna fit them yourself not difficult.
Shocks were anyway mine are gone with stock springs lowering springs will mean the shocks were faster. How long they last depends on so many things.