ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension kits

Mk2 Ph1, 1.6 16v Clio

Whay is it that when im looking on all the websites trying to find a reasonably priced suspension kit, theres every bloody model except mine on their system? Some sites act like my model doesnt even exist and others just say excluding 1.6 16v!!!

Does the 1.6 16v (99 - 00) really have so many different parts to the other clios of the same period?? Its making it really hard for me to find a decent suspension kit. I decided against just getting springs on their own cos of all the stories ive heard. Im lowering it for handling first and foremost and looks second - so i need the shocks to improve the handling. If im doing it - i may as well attempt to do it right eh? Though I cant afford coilovers.

Can anyone point me to a decent-ish suspension kit for a 99 Mk2 Phase1 1.6 16v Clio please? Priced around £200 - £300.

Thx

Daz

Mazda MX5 1.8

yeah i know what you mean there isnt much choice

i got a ph2 mk2 now i asume urs is the same?

i ended up getting coilovers for mine and dont regret it the handling is amazing and quality of the items is faultless

now as for springs & shocks there is some avaliable but the question being how low do u wanna go? (im a poet and i dont know it) as there is a few who do -35mm but not sure about -60mm

Mazda MX5 1.8

I will have a look thru the catalogue i got here during lunch and get back to you (lunch eta 15 mins)

Mk2 Ph1, 1.6 16v Clio

cheers mate :)

i found some on that motorsportworld. Spax VRX Kit, springs and shocks for clio 2 1.2/1.4/1.6 etc £224 (lowers it 35mm). So it mentions the 1.6 but is that 1.6 8v or my 1.6 16v? There is a difference cos some sites only do it for the 1.6 8v and clearly define there is a difference between the 1.6 8v and the 1.6 16v! LOL

The Beast MK4

Couldnt tell you mate but drop them an email or give them a phone about it, I have found them very helpful in the past.