ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension recommendation?

RX8, Clio II 1.6 16v
I need to replace the springs on my 1.6 16V ClioII and as the shocks are also quite old I thought it would be a good opportunity to upgrade the whole lot.

The options I have spotted so far are:
  • Eiback pro springs £150 (don't know what shocks would be best to run with these).
  • Apex 40mm lowering kit £330
  • Gaz GHA coilovers £450 - my preferred option right now although it stretches my budget.
I would appreciate any feedback on experiences with these - or any other options I have not considered. The care is my daily runner and I am only interested in improving handling (i.e. not dropping it).

When I do the work I plan replace all bushings with poly ones and put on stainless brake hoses. I am already running 16/195 wheels/tyres.

RX8, Clio II 1.6 16v
I just bought Koni STR.T shocks/springs for £280.
I guess the springs are not as good as Eibach,but hopefully they do the job and the price is comparable to buying a set of separate shocks even if I end up swapping out the springs later.