ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension set up?

Hi midlands based looking for best place to go for corner weighting and geo?

any recommendations or experiences? Don’t mind traveling but closer to home the better.

also I’ve never had this done before.... any ideas on what I’ll be looking at paying?

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
I've used and would recommend for the corner weighting.. Chris and Kieran are fantastic blokes .

Then go over to see Kevin at

Normally I'd factor £200-£250 all told.. Just depends how long your car takes to balance up and how fussy you are to get the "perfect" balance.. C1-r charge by the hr and spend as much or as little time as you want them to. Mine took a couple hrs... And A-line is about £40-60...

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Clio 172 Cup
Place in Dudley called a line have done all my geo set ups and always been reasonable and good advice and work.

just put coilovers on and out this weekend with a few mods to come that would throw corner weights out so it’s going to just be a decent geo for now....
I’ve got the ride height similar to what I had while running grams lowering springs and set the clickers in the middle settings.

I’m out in it the weekend so no point rushing about like a headless chicken.

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Place in Dudley called a line have done all my geo set ups and always been reasonable and good advice and work.
That's where I take mine.. Kevin and the lads there are really professional and will take their time setting up my car exactly how I want it...

55dd3374e278c6148cd9af7669a30f6b.jpg
ff33054b892609e4dbc95ddf44801bca.jpg
a227bacb9306ce2dfdd6814f03e51416.jpg

Last edited:

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
just put coilovers on and out this weekend with a few mods to come that would throw corner weights out so it’s going to just be a decent geo for now....
I’ve got the ride height similar to what I had while running grams lowering springs and set the clickers in the middle settings.

I’m out in it the weekend so no point rushing about like a headless chicken.
I'd still pop upto A-line and get a 4 wheel alignment done.. You cant book an appointment cause they work on a first come first served basis.. but saying that I've never had to wait for more than 2-3 places which is generally 1/2ish per car..

Clio 172 Cup
I have got the cup suspension and grams springs since going to Aline it handles perfect as can be the lads will talk you through everything and do whatever you need

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Cheers for the help all... went to Aline today and got the car sorted!

will get it corner weighted once finished with mods that will affect weight.
How does it feel now? Are you happy with the results?

Yes the cars feeling great!!! Going to Donington the weekend so fingers crossed for clement weather and I’ll report back then on the true benefits 👍👍👍

David172Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I'm looking for a place to have my alignment done. I'm in Somerset, near Bridgwater - anyone from around here who can recommend someone?

Car handled real well the weekend at Donington. Steering was sat slightly off to the left though. Had noticed on the road but always questioning if it’s the camber in the road etc , plus it dos by really get drove on the road other than to get work done.
to be honest it had a geo by the previous owner and there can’t have been much wrong with it.

new coilovers was great! Had everything set in the middle clicker wise. Wish we had experimented with stiffer settings as the track dried out but I think we was tgat happy it had dried out we kinda forgot about all that and just kept pumping out the sessions lol.

seemed to have good grip in the wet on rainsport 3s as the track dried a bit and was at the point where it’s starting to dry we had little grip at all..... anyone else find this with rainsports?

thanks

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
As above.. I normally swap to semi's when you can see a dry line..

As above.. I normally swap to semi's when you can see a dry line..

Yeah as soon as any sort of dry line started to show we switched but that bit just when the dry line was due to show but wasn’t quite there, I didn’t know what to do for the best, we was all over the place with the rainsports but couldn’t imagine it would be better on the ar1s???

Had a really good afternoon conditions wise, just started to get a dry line going into lunch then bone dry all afternoon.

👍

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
As long as there's no standing water, you should be able to get away with a semi slick.

You just need heat into them this time of year.

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Yeah as soon as any sort of dry line started to show we switched but that bit just when the dry line was due to show but wasn’t quite there, I didn’t know what to do for the best, we was all over the place with the rainsports but couldn’t imagine it would be better on the ar1s???

Had a really good afternoon conditions wise, just started to get a dry line going into lunch then bone dry all afternoon.

[emoji106]
Yea at times like that, it's a case of swapping to Semis and go out with a couple psi lower than optimal tyre pressure.. Do 5 laps and come in to check pressures and adjust... You wont build alot of heat in the tyres but it's a suck it and see sort of situation..