ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

suspension/ steering creaks

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

when driving at low speed and turning in either direction sharply or doing a 3 point turn i get load creaking from the steering and suspension

dealer is a nugget and has failed to fix it, anyone suggest what it could be so i can grill them again?

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

mk2 172s are notorious for it... to do with the strut and the top mount, renaults fix is to grind a small part of the top mount away, they should do it for free since its a known fault

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

riteo cheers ill mention that to dealer, but they have been very bad with it to date, really unhelpful

problem has really developed so much so that when you turn at low speed it is well noticeable

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

Quote: Originally posted by Friction on 04 June 2005

mk2 172s are notorious for it... to do with the strut and the top mount, renaults fix is to grind a small part of the top mount away, they should do it for free since its a known fault
any other detaiols mate as my r****d dealer doesnt know about that when i called them the day

tw*ts

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Renault tried to fix mine and the problem came back again within weeks, its annoying but you learn to live with it. I would have thought aftermaket springs and dampers or coilovers would cure it but I dont know as mines standard at the mo.

Anyone who can say if it does or not?