ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension strut mounts

Hi all

MOT inspector told me I needed to replace the pair :(

How much am I looking at? And is a stealers visit in order or is there anywhere else I can pick them up?

Many thanks

Lionel Richie
£35 a side for a 1.2

the 172/182 ones are £50 per side

the V6 ones are £62 per side

all off the top of my head, the best bit is, they're all the same part!

cheeky cheeky buggers,

Thanks for the info, one more question for you, are the abs sensors the same for the various models as well?

cool

I have some problem with them also, just to give an example of the dealers typical professionalism, I asked them to check as the abs, as it is kicking in at very slow speeds, I explaine this and the said

Them; "that's how abs works sir, pumps the brakes on and off"

me "yeah... I know!!! but not below 10mph on a bone dry road"

them "oh..., right we shall have a look then"

So I call back in later, they test drove the car (ie pulled lots of hard stop, as all the things on the back seat are now on the floor),

then put it on the clip computer which apparently detected that a sensor was out but they could not determine which one??? So was left with the option of replacing all four?

Please save me from these monkeys

Lionel Richie
oh dear! you had anything replaced on the car recently such as rear discs, wheel bearings or driveshafts?

The old clip I don't think can tell which has failed.

The new one can I'm sure.

You can easiyl find out which ones failed often the wiring or the sensors or the disk are obviously damaged.