ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension

Clio 1.2 8v
on my mk2 2000 v-reg 1.2 8v clio whats the bolt distance centre to centre?

i no there is like 3 different ones. i think mines 54mm. i did measure it it seems 54 but sometimes seemed 52mm. its definatly not 56 i dont think.

these are the 3 sizes correct?

also been offered som GAZ adjustable shocks are these any good?

anyone got a set?

cheers ppl.

Forget the Gaz stuff its junk.

You can tell which it is though most likly 52mm though.

Sizes are 52/54 and 58mm.

Clio 1.2 8v
Forget the Gaz stuff its junk.

You can tell which it is though most likly 52mm though.

Sizes are 52/54 and 58mm.

damn was close. im learning.

oh ok well £150 is what he wanted. there new also.
just my standard shocks have had it i think dnt help my springs r soft too.

wana get 60mm spax springs as i herd these r the best for clios? if not what wud u recomend? i want 60mm tho.

and what adjustable shocks can i get then?

wanna make car stiffer.

Mégane RS
no idea why there are so many different sizes lol, just measure from the centre of both bolts

oh ok well £150 is what he wanted. there new also.
just my standard shocks have had it i think dnt help my springs r soft too.

wana get 60mm spax springs as i herd these r the best for clios? if not what wud u recomend? i want 60mm tho.

and what adjustable shocks can i get then?

wanna make car stiffer.
I wouldn't buy any Gaz or Spax stuff they are all rubish in mine and others on the forums opinion.

if you want 60mm get coilovers you can go lower than 60mm for a start. AT the end of the day 60mm springs don't often lower a car 60mm all round I had 60mm Spax coilovers setup as low as they would and it was about 40mm drop front and 60 back and it was lower than other 60mm owners who just had springs. the only excuse I can think of is my car was already quite low so I might have been 20mm lower than standard already.

Adjustbale stuff from Koni, Bilstein, Spax, Apex (I think do a kit)

Clio 1.2 8v
I wouldn't buy any Gaz or Spax stuff they are all rubish in mine and others on the forums opinion.

if you want 60mm get coilovers you can go lower than 60mm for a start. AT the end of the day 60mm springs don't often lower a car 60mm all round I had 60mm Spax coilovers setup as low as they would and it was about 40mm drop front and 60 back and it was lower than other 60mm owners who just had springs. the only excuse I can think of is my car was already quite low so I might have been 20mm lower than standard already.

Adjustbale stuff from Koni, Bilstein, Spax, Apex (I think do a kit)

hmmmm how much roughly? cause i was gunna try save pennies by getting seperate springs and shocks. was approx £250 - £300 im guessing coilovers are more?

Clio 1.2 8v
hmmmm sounds not to bad. so.....

im wanting stiff suspension approx 60mm drop or more.

whats the brand to go for?

Fks coilovers are the popular brand there good value not the best suspension ever but for the price they are great.
Top spec stuff is £1.2k.

Clio 1.2 8v

Fks coilovers are the popular brand there good value not the best suspension ever but for the price they are great.
Top spec stuff is £1.2k.

lol nah i only want good value for money good road use and at least 60mm drop lol

Clio 1.2 8v
yer ive herd about that.

i would do the group buy but.... ive spent last 30mins reading through and i wud be one of the ones with 52mm spacings and i cba to get hub adapters lol.