ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swapping dashboard in a MK1

Is is possible to swap an RT or a 16v dashboard into in 1.2, which has the most sparse and basic dashboard known to man...

Are all the nessesery wires there on my car? Plus how much am I looking for a dashboard from a scrpper? What bits should I get with it or look to take (wires etc??)

Cheers
Tim

I picked up a phase 1 RT dash for £20 last summer from a scrappy near Farnborough to replace my fuel gauge in my RT. Getting the dash out and the new one in is realatively straight forward if youve got a long magnetic crew driver thingy! Connecting it up could be a challenge - wouldnt know if the speedo cable connector was standard. To check youve all the wires look for three large (approx 2" wide) connectors fit across the top of the dash and a smaller (1/4") connector to go the rev counter as well as the speedo cable.

Malloy