ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swapping HDs on two iPhone 4's

My iphone 4 is absolutely battered. Both screens are cracked, the home button has come off, the speaker has stopped working and it is generally a mess. But it still turns on and the touch screen works! I have found a way to get onto the home bit without having the button.

What I want to know is can I swap the hard drive and circuit board out of mine and put it into another iphone 4? I want to buy a faulty one and just swap the internals effectively. I've replaced the front screen in mine before so I know how to take it in bits.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Re: Swapping HDs on two Iphone 4s

You can transfer the logic board as far as i know.

They dont have hard drives, the flash memory is on the board.

Have a look at iFixit - http://www.ifixit.com/Device/iPhone_4, i'd just buy the parts you need rather than another broken phone.

Last edited:
My mate has one that is in perfect nick and said I can have for 50 quid. I just need to swap the board over so I can keep all my stuff.

My mate has one that is in perfect nick and said I can have for 50 quid. I just need to swap the board over so I can keep all my stuff.

Can't you just do a backup/restore in itunes (or even icloud) instead of taking it to pieces. I'm not a Apple fan boy so correct me if I'm wrong but this just seems a more logical approach!

I don't think thats the point he is making. He has a faulty one with external damage but internally fine. He's going to then buy one thats externally fine and internally damaged for cheap and swap the parts over. Should be fairly simple if like you say you've replaced the front screen on them before pretty much everything comes out.

I don't think thats the point he is making. He has a faulty one with external damage but internally fine. He's going to then buy one thats externally fine and internally damaged for cheap and swap the parts over. Should be fairly simple if like you say you've replaced the front screen on them before pretty much everything comes out.

This, appreciate the advice from everyone. My computer is ancient so cba downloading new Itunes then letting it update for 8 hours. Just take the back off swap the board and then turn it on :)