ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swapping out and cloning HHD

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Yo,

My partners grandad wants me to source and fit an SSD to his 5 year old desktop. I've tried to talk him out of the upgrade and instead suggested a new machine but he's having none of it.

The plan is to replace the existing HHD with the a compatible 250GB SSD from crucial.

The swap should be pretty straight forward (I plan on using something like Acronis to clone the data).

I'm just wondering if there's anything i need in addition to the SSD (cables etc). Ultimately the plan will be to replace the original HHD once the SSD has been cloned.

Any hints, tips or gotcha's to be aware of?

Cheers.

Listerine & Poledo
Nope, pretty sure you've got it sussed.
You may want a frame to mount the SSD in, instead of it just rattling around in the case, but other than that, sorted.

Also, upgrading to SSD will make the computer feel like it's just had a new processor dropped in it anyway and if you do then go to upgrade the rest, well, it'll be so much better for having the SSD.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Cheers Goodji, much appreciated.

I'll have a look for a frame.