ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

swirl marks i want rid !!!!

Striped track ****
whats the best product and stepts to remove swirl marks..

whats the best way to go about it and what products would people advise

thanks

106 GTi
Hand - lots of elbow grease and still chances are you won't be 100% successfull. Choose a polish designed for hand application use that can be broken down effectivly by hand. Multiple applications of Meguiars Scratch X applied with a folded terry towel for extra bite and even pressure is good. You will need to repeat a few times. Make sure it is worked long enough. The longer you work it the better it works as the abbrassives in it break down meaning it leaves a finish that is not leaving finer marks in addressing bigger ones. Needs to be worked until there is nothing to remove. Follow this up with a milder polish such as Autoglym Super Resin. I would suggest maybe addressing a panel each time you wash the car rather than doing it in one hit.

Machine.

Depending on the severity of the swirls.

Menzerna Final Finish on a Polishing Pad.

Menzeran Intensive Polish on a light cut pad and Menzerna Final Finish on a polishing pad.

Or 2 alternatives to the above

Poorboys SSR 2.5 or Meguiars 83 followed by Poorboys SSR 1 or Meguiars 80.

J

J182sport

i have same prob sorry to be annoying but could someone PLEASE! put a link or tell me a place i can buy these products..

MKIII 138
my PC vibrates violently up my arm are they meant to do this ? thought it would be smooth spinning not bucking bronko lol

106 GTi
Does not sound right. Depending on which sized backing plate and counter weight your running it may have a little vibration. Centering the pad properly on the backing plate will also make a big difference.

172 gone :( 197 now :)
If you were to use scratch x on one panel at a time each time you wash the car at which stage in the washing claying polishing etc process should it be used?