ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swirl removal on iceberg silver

CLIO Iceberg 172
Hi guys

Silver being a hard paint to see swirls in anyway. whats the best method of hilighting for correction and also what would be the best chemicals to use with a DA?

im mostly a chemical guys person so all products tend to be these and not AG

cheers guys

STEALTH RAIDER
As far as highlighting defects go mate, you will be looking for some form of false lighting such as a 500w halogen lamp. This will enable you to see you problems. When you say chemicals, i think you mean polishes. You will have to post up a list if what you have and then i can help further :S Lew

CLIO Iceberg 172
got
- CG all in one polish,
- CG extreame sealent,
- CG body wash and wax,
- CG speed wipe
- CG petes 53 wax
- menz final finish
- Kestral DAS 6
- Full range of CG hex DA pads
- loads of other crap lol

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I've not used any of the CG polishes, but am trying the menzerna 3.02 / 203 / 85re (final finish) with the hexlogic pads with DA. the 85re final finish might be a bit light for correction dependant on the severity but should make an improvement. try starting with the green heavy polish pad and step up to the orange light cut if it's not showing signs of correcting. If it is quite heavily swirled maybe look for a more abrasive polish to try

CLIO Iceberg 172
cheers, i did a test with the menzerna and the green pad and seemed right on the money from what i could see gonna be hard if i wanna do some proper correction just so hard to see lol