ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swirls and Scratches

Cayman S Edition 1
Decided to give the T5 some love today with a good wash / polish.

Annoyingly its covered in loads of swirls and scratches which I'm struggling with. I have a Meguiar's G220 and have tried getting rid of them with a Meguiars Cutting Disc and either Meguiars Cutting Compound or #95 compound. All of which is making next to zero difference. Its frustrating as the same stuff got rid of loads of scratches on a mate's car. Just seems the volvo paint is a bit tougher ;)

Nice from a distance..
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59842873/IMG_3697.JPG

Just a sample of the issue
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59842873/IMG_3698.JPG

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I found G3 scratch remover is ace on a cutting pad. Readily available from halford's too.

It finishes well too.

How are you working the polish?

I use the zenith technique and have got brilliant results on hard paint.

Cayman S Edition 1
Not heard of that before so just looked it up. I run mine at the same speed throughout (5). Just odd the fact it hardly makes any impact at all, yet works great on other cars.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The Polish won't be breaking down then, with you leaving it at speed 5, you've cut out the original defect, but left your own marks in the paint.

By coming down the speeds you're 'buffing' out these machine induced marks.

That's all I can think of anyway. Hth :)

BG Clio 182
The Polish won't be breaking down then, with you leaving it at speed 5, you've cut out the original defect, but left your own marks in the paint.

By coming down the speeds you're 'buffing' out these machine induced marks.

That's all I can think of anyway. Hth :)
I can vouch for this advice it's excellent. I tried lime prime even something that simple, constant speed and an adapted zenith technique and noticeably more removal of defects and less micromarring etc.