ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swirly Wurly

visualize whirled pe
Ok, my gf's Ka paint (pearl dark blue) has a bit of 'spiders web' swirl in it (like my black RSi) I want to have a go at making them shine this summer but dont want to buy a PC as I've got no power at my garage and it's no where near a plug.
Will Scratch X work by hand buffing or am I having a laugh?
Any other options?

Up till now I've used T-cut but I dont think this gets out the fine swirls, infact I rekon it prob creates them!

:)

Cheers

106 GTi
T cut puts in the fine marks removing the deeper ones, so you are not far wrong there!

Scratch X by hand to deswirl a whole car will take some serious elbow grease and repeated applications. Some times 5 -10 goes! If you are serious about doing it, use a folded cotton terry towel to give it more bite and allow even pressure. Make sure you work it till they is no residue to remove, keep working it till it goes clear. If you just wipe it on and then wipe off it does bugger all.

Some people take a panel each time they wash the car and tackle it a bit at a time.

LY V6 with Recaros
Are there any good detailers around Essex way, the paint on my boyfriends black clio is terrible! I tried washing it the other day, and it's so dull, and won't shine up. The most unsatisfying car I've cleaned! That needs some serious pc'ing, claying, polishing etc, but I'm not doing it, and I can't imagine him doing it either!

A slow one :-(
If you guys want to remove swirls by hand I've heard good reports about the Carlack stuff... Clicky

I'd do pannel by pannel....good luck with it. Try the polishing past first and then if that aint doing any work move on to the scratch remover.

Carsparkle is run by Tim at Cleanyourcar btw.

Yep as Rich said I wouldn't try the full body by hand unless you have a few months spare. The Carlack options are easier and given the choice in cut will be quicker than ScratchX but not a lot :(

Deb182, what is it about Essex, I've now got 5 cars down there booked and another 6 possibles :eek: anyway send me a PM if you want.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Anyone willing to come to Midlands for the day and buy me a few beers is welcome to have their car attacked here...

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Are there any good detailers around Essex way, the paint on my boyfriends black clio is terrible! I tried washing it the other day, and it's so dull, and won't shine up. The most unsatisfying car I've cleaned! That needs some serious pc'ing, claying, polishing etc, but I'm not doing it, and I can't imagine him doing it either!

do you get wet and soapy when you wash cars? ;) if so ill come and give you a hand