ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Switcheasy Canvas for iPad 2 - BROKEN!?!

Inferno 182 CUP
Had one of these for my first iPad 2. Best case on the market! Spent weeks researching and then ended up buying one and loved it.

Alot of people reported that the case split and cracked on the edges though - mine didnt.

Anyway sold iPad few months pass. Buy new iPad & switcheasy and now mine has cracked.

Contacted Switcheasy who have been pretty good about it all but there claiming its not really a big issue worldwise and not many people are suffering.

Does anybody have any photos of there corners either be it cracked/split or both?

Cupra
Both of mine have done it and the Dutch tech forum I read is also full of people with the same problem. Some do it in weeks and others in months, but the Switcheasy guarantee is for 2 years so it should be replaced.

Photo for you.
d5d0f863-abf7-136e.jpg

Inferno 182 CUP
Can you get any photos from underneath of it cracking or is that the only problem you have had where bits chip off?

Can you make it bigger too please lol - i am wording a hefty complaint and attaching LOTS of photos in the hope they will address it!

Cupra
More photos from the first one. That had cracks and chips off it. Didn't you buy it from appelhoes.nl? They just swap them straight over, then you dont have to deal with switcheasy if they are being awkward.

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

LY Megane R26
I have a red one, not broken yet tho.
Had it about 3 weeks as I bought it just after Christmas, 28th ish.

Bought it from eBay for £39.95 which was £10 cheaper than amazone for the red one.
Once I bought amazone emailed saying it had bee dispatched and when it arrived it came in an amazone packet. Not sure what that was all about tho:/

Excellent case!

Polo GTi
I've had 2 so far, first one lasted about a week before cracking, this one lasted about 3 weeks before a small crack appeared, Amazon swapped my first one out ASAP, I believe they come with a 2 year warranty with Switcheasy, I was waiting for mine to get worse before swapping it again.

Good case, in theory, but poor build quality.

I would not recommend one to anyone personally. I prefer to put mine in the 2 quid neoprene sock now from eBay.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
they all seem to break and the fact danny has one makes them 100% s**t...

LY Megane R26
Tell a lie, just noticed mine has a hairline crack about 3mm long on the corner where the sleep/wake button is.Might wait for it to get worse and then return it.

Last edited: