ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Symptoms of diff going? Steering wheel shaking under acceleration

Cro

Meg'd r27
What would the symptoms of a diff going be? Its on the 197 and under load the steering wheel is shaking side to side and the car is shaking somewhat too, though it will disappear eventually if you continue to accelerate and even at motorway speeds it seems settled fine.

Not sure if it might be cv/driveshaft related, nothing visible seems to be wrong

Wheels were aligned and new tyres and nothing mentioned afterwards so I'm assuming I can rule those things out

Any ideas? I know -J- had similar symptoms and was the box, any way to know for sure without stripping everything down, drives perfect and goes into gear fine otherwise

Cro

Meg'd r27
Thats what my guess was, have a couple on the way to replace them. Just wasn't anything visible which is annoying or knocking on full lock turns

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
My issue was as the box was out under load the vibration would start, the more load the more vibration.

Felt like the wheels were unbalanced. Driving 'normally' the car would be fine it was just pushing on the vibrations started.