ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

T Cut Question... :/

BG FF182
I've always tended to use either Autoglym Super Resin Polish (SRP) or Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine, with a decent amount of elbow grease and some patients to remove swirls and small scratches. From what I have read a machine polisher will make life easier at removing scratches and swirls.

S4 Avant
Step away from the T cut.

To remove swirls, there's a whole process to go through with a machine polisher.

One Phat Clio
So i shouldn't use that T cut, or any T cut of that matter? What should i use then to remove the small light scratches i have on my black clio?

One Phat Clio
Either of these will remove the scratches? (Autoglym Super Resin Polish (SRP) or Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine)

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
don't use t cut. If you have no pc build up layers of autoglym srp, excellent stuff.

or bring it to me ;)

One Phat Clio
I dont understand how that can remove the light scraches i have on my black clio :eek:

On the T cut it actually says it will remove them and ive read up alot. Ill take your word for it because ive seen your cars and there super shiney especially magpies, is that what you use magpie? :D

One Phat Clio
Erm, Obviuosly i have light swirls on the bonnet not that harshly to be honest....

And figure two doesnt apply to me either, the scratch isnt really physically a scratch, i.e cant really feel it. Its not like some one has properly Key'd the paint work.

Light scratches, lines of scuffs, when i wax they disappear abit/slightly (using the Turtle Wax)

Id say figure two but not as severe

Cheers for your input ?JD hope you can help!

One Phat Clio
Ive checked it out. So that would remove the scratches that are fairly light on my car better than using the autogylm. And yes i am abit of a Halfords shopper LOL online ftw if ya can though

BG FF182
I haved used the super resin polish on my black gold clio with pleasing results on swirls and the odd scratch. Takes some time and quite a bit of effort, but found it more effective than Meguirs Scratch X, topped mine off with some Dodo Juice Purple Haze wax and you can't see them now.

One Phat Clio
Cheers Jonbrown & everyone for opionions etc.

I think ive decided to touch up slighting inconspicuous places applying the T cut, only lightly lightly. Then apply the Super Resin Polish everywhere. Even if it takes hours. Read so many great reviews. Ill bang a few photos on to results etc and Scratches before and afterwards.

Fingers crossed :eek: lol

Cheers

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
I wouldn't touch tcut with a barge pole tbh! Why don't you buy a sample pack of menzerna polishes & have a go with them first? Or just bring her down & we'll sort her out?

use g4- gets rid of my scratches but dont rub it for to long as it will eventually take the paint off, dont use a machine just a rag

One Phat Clio
I wouldn't touch tcut with a barge pole tbh! Why don't you buy a sample pack of menzerna polishes & have a go with them first? Or just bring her down & we'll sort her out?

menzerna polishes are supposed to be good arent they. Well i definitly gerrin the SRP by autoglym because of the reveiws and my mates have told me to use it. menzerna polish are quite expensive, bt i guess if they work its worth it, know any shops i can buy from? or is it online only?

Magpie where u living/based? i live bradford/leeds area, please dont say london lol

One Phat Clio
Whats the difference between the "Menzerna 203S" & "Menzerna S100"? The strengh of the Cut? :/

Only £7.95 or sumthing, ill take your advice and buy, you guys/gurls know alot more than meh!

Thankies

DCi 100
MENZERNA
• S34A Power Gloss Compound Heavy Cut 8/10
• PO85RD3.0x Intensive Polish Medium Cut 6/10
• PO91L Intensive Polish Medium Cut 5/10
• PO106FA Final Finish Light – Medium Cut 4/10
• PO85RD Final Finish Light Cut 2/10

Short list from here. Hope this is of some help.

One Phat Clio
Short list from here. Hope this is of some help.

Yeah great thanks mate. Keen on buying the MENZERNA now :) at around £11 with postage off Ebay (saves me £1! lol) ill be fine, looking forward to using the stuff! Bascially the polish Menzerna 203S is a different strengh in cut?

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
TCut dulls after time too, so you'll be best getting some menzerna & srp as they are great. Im based 25 miles from London btw! HP13

Computers playing silly buggers!

One Phat Clio
TCut dulls after time too, so you'll be best getting some menzerna & srp as they are great. Im based 25 miles from London btw! HP13

Computers playing silly buggers!

Oooo well thats a good hundred odd mile lol

Bought SRP. :D

Going to buy that menzerna 203's. JD recommened this easlier in the thread along with you.

Ebay sell it one pound cheaper though. Ill buy it, then hopefully see results!