ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

T-CUT?????????

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
rubbed for ages last weekend to get minor scratches away with no joy, any tips??????

White clique
Be very careful with t-cut, i used it once (on a dark metallic grey volvo i was selling) and didnt wax back over the top of it, and after a few days the area i treated turned dark green! It was only noticable in the direct sun, but i learnt my lesson there.

I have a black / gold 182, and swear by the Maguire's 3 stage wax treatment (paint cleaner, polish, canubra wax). My rear quarter panel was resprayed after being keyed, and it developed a very dull flat spot. However after using the Maguire's, it was transformed, and never went dull again. This stuff masks swirls rather than getting rid of it, however it is very good. Anything more than a car wash swirl will be pretty hard to shift to be honest. Give it a shot.

106 GTi
Problem with T Cut it installs fine hazy scratches when raking out bigger ones. Is very old fashioned. There are much better modern day products with diminishing abrasives that start off with a heavy cut like as T Cut does but are able, unlike T Cut to break down into fine finishing polishes leave a gloss finish without installing the finer hazy scratches.

As said do a search in the detailing section of T Cut and it will bring up some thread on it and better alternatives.

tiTTy & SV650
get it to fcuk, scratch x is much better and available in halfords.

It cuts less with each pass as Rich described, yeah there's better stuff out there but it's good enough for me. Works a treat after claying to remove any stains.

106 GTi
Megs Scratch X will remove defects that T Cut will but will need a lot more effort. I took an unorthodox method for a neighbour yesterday working by hand. AG Paint Renovator which is old fashioned and keeps cutting to remove the majority of the defects quickly and easily, it was to cold to be messing about sorting things lol - and then used the scratch X to clean up the haze and restore Gloss.

106 GTi
Would have taken me longer to get everything set up than it would to quickly polish it out by hand !