ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

T Mobile Compensation????

Ph1 172
Looking for a little advice, my phone HTC desire broke last month faulty mortherboard, so has been sent away by T mobile to be repaired, ive been without it now for nearly four weeks. Has anyone ever been compensated by T mobile or any other company for not having a phone which can use the full services they pay for?

Way i see it, its like renting a house, but being told they can only use one room? I haven't be able to use 3g, email etc as i'm using my old nokia.

cheers

Paul

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I got a free Samsung galaxy out of t-mobile when they messed me about for 4 weeks sending a letter to the insurance to say I reported my phone lost.
They could send me a phone as a goodwill gesture next day but couldn't send my insurance an email/letter next day lol.
Had to kick off a lot to get that though....

The reason its been away for longer is because T-Mobile changed their couriers from UPS to UK Mail so there was a change over time when no deliveries or collections were being made. You can check on the T-Mob site as to where it currently is, might just be waiting for HTC to authorise an exchange on it.

The issue you have is that you don't actually pay anything for the internet with an Android phone. Literally nothing. Other phones can be had at the same price with the same minutes and texts so really you haven't missed out on anything that you pay for. If it was sent away from store then it's down to the store manager as to whether he will credit your bill with anything for the inconvenience. Most won't have a problem as long as you don't treat him/her like a piece of s**t and that you understand that you don't pay anything for the service. If he won't provide you with a discount just accept it and leave it as he won't change his mind no matter how much you ask.

If it was sent away through customer services then they will probably have to get authorisation from a manager, again its completely up to the manager again. If no luck then there's a team called Customer Relations that would be able to help. You can email or write to them (no phone number) and they are the guys who will be able to credit your bill. I can give you the details if you need them

Apple would have just replaced it.

But he would of missed his appointment in the Apple Store due to his alarm not going off at the right time

Ph1 172
cool thanx for all the info, just a bit pissed tbh. I've checked on the online repair tracker and its been waiting for a new part since the 21th I'm not looking for alot really just a months line retal half price or something. :cool:

Phone them up and complain? Some people have managed to get a month free or discounted in similar situations.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Why is it tmobiles problem?

Its HTC who need to compensate you.

But he would of missed his appointment in the Apple Store due to his alarm not going off at the right time

Unless he had 5 apple appointments every weekday, he wouldnt have. The alarm bug is only specific to the recurring part of the iOS alarm function.

When I had a Nokia N73 on Orange, after getting through my 6th in the space of 4 weeks, due to software/hardware faults, they upgraded me free of charge (so i had a brand new N95 with like 1 month before the end of my contract lol).

Just keep at them and you might be able to get something out of them, pikey style ftw.

Listerine & Poledo
OK.

here's the thread closer.

Your contract with T-mobile (airtime) is independant from that which includes your handset (Sale of goods).

Sale of goods act states that retailers must fix or replace faulty products within a "reasonable" timeframe. What constitutes reasonable is not mentioned, however for many mobile retailers the understanding is around 14-28 days.
If a handset is sent to a manufacturer you can expect the time of repair to be at the longer end of the range since they will likely have a higher number o f repairs to contend with. Conversely, manufacturers are more given to simply exchanging faulty handsets.

The apple point is null, since they have direct outlets, HTC, Nokia et all dont have the same sort of sales structure.

The fact that your handset will be provided on a seperate contract to your airtime (yes it is,I know it doesn't seem that way, but it is) means that T-mobile need not compensate you for the lack of use of your SIM. You MAY be able to extract a goodwill gesture from them but don't expect it to be very much and giving call centre ops a hard time wont acheive it.

If you end up having a repeating fault then the retailer may offer to exchange the unit for an alternative model, but this will only be after a number of repeated issues.They needn't even provide this though. You could raise a county-court order, but that'll cost you £30 or more dpending on the court you approach and unless you've had endless issues then if they move to defend it then you'll end up with nothing but an order to pay their legal costs.The alternative would be a "letter before action" mail to them, for the sake of, what, £30, maybe £40, they may just hand it over to avoid the bother.

Long story short - No, you're not likely to get much out of T-Mobile.

The apple point is null, since they have direct outlets, HTC, Nokia et all dont have the same sort of sales structure.

You can send your iPhone away. It doesn't have to go back to a store.

I did that as it was easier for me than getting to one and I had it collected and replaced in 4 days.

Listerine & Poledo
You can send your iPhone away. It doesn't have to go back to a store.

I did that as it was easier for me than getting to one and I had it collected and replaced in 4 days.

Does he have an apple unit?
no.
so it's still null
:)

I had a phone away with repair for t-mobile not that long ago. I was without it for 7 weeks and had a shan Nokia flip phone.

I filled out the 'Contact Us' form on the website stating that I was pi55ed off etc. The phone cost £180 and it was an 18 month contract so I was only looking for the £20 back for the 2 months I never had the handset.

A few hours later I got a call back and they credited 3 months to my account without any hassle!

Gotta be worth a try ;).

Ph1 172
will give that ago cheers dude,

I'm not looking to kick off with t mobile, but if i can get a months credited to my account that pays for black ops :cool: