ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tablets

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I went for the Ipad without retina don't see what the big deal is?

Normal Ipad screen isn't exactly crap and £80 more for a more crisp screen no thanks!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I went for the Ipad without retina don't see what the big deal is?

Normal Ipad screen isn't exactly crap and £80 more for a more crisp screen no thanks!!

You have no idea how wrong you are.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Well I have been using the non retina for months now and have no complaints whatsoever.

Obviously the retina is better but £80 better? Not for me it wasn't.

I take it that you are saying the normal ipad spreed is crap then?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Spreed?

The screen is so much better its not true, probably the best screen on any device anywhere. Well worth £80.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Screen lol sorry.

Yeah I know it's a lot better but the original screen isn't exactly bad imo.

I did say not worth the £80 extra for me ;)

2014 Focus Titanium
I would say it's easily £80 better, retina is worlds apart from the original screen. I agree the old screen is horrible.

My favourite is the Nexus 10 screen, even sharper again and a better aspect ratio imho.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I used my mums ipad without retina the other day, its fcuking horrible. Looks like something from the 80's.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Nexus for me, great bit of kit for the money, was gunna buy one the other day actually but couldn't see any benefit and would rather use a laptop to browse the net when im downstairs.

Last edited:
Bought an Asus infinity before going away for Christmas .... and reasons why it's better (for me) than an iPad
Widescreen for movies not 4:3 as an iPad is
Sd card slot
Mini Sd slot
Can plug a usb hard drive in so would back up all our photos etc .....
Slimmer and lighter than an iPad

Only downside to the transformer infinity was cost .

Bumder With A Buffer
I have the Nexus 7.

Needs to go back to Asus though as its got that really annoying screen flicker issue caused by screen brightness and wifi signal strength. Browsing on here with is is like being in a bloody rave.

I prefer that over over any iPad. Mainly because I can plug it into ANY pc without having to faff about and install stuff like movies or music whenever I want and how easy is it to install applications etc.

I also dont like how everyone has an Apple product now...years ago it used to be about being different and wanting the best product so I would buy Apple (mac or original 3G iPhone) but then every fcuker has one and im just like "meh" nowadays. I dont dispute that it might be "the best" product.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I got a nexus 7 off the Mrs at xmas. Its class.

iPads are good but they have a hefty price tab. Nexus cost £160 and it does / has nearly everything an iPad does.

I still have a Motorolla Xoom, when tablets were first out like these they were pretty much all the same spec (Dual core 1.4ghz, Tegra 2).

I still wouldn't replace it with any other tablet because I get HDMI out & SD Card, very useful for watching films @ the girlfriends (plays 1080p fine)!

DB.

BMW 440i
I have the iPad with retina, girlfriend has the iPad 2.

I wouldn't say it's worlds apart tbh.

I still have a Motorolla Xoom, when tablets were first out like these they were pretty much all the same spec (Dual core 1.4ghz, Tegra 2).

I still wouldn't replace it with any other tablet because I get HDMI out & SD Card, very useful for watching films @ the girlfriends (plays 1080p fine)!

Whatcwas the useful thing on the infinity ....micro and standard Sd .... hdmi out and usb .... us being brilliant with lots of films on a flight

clio sold :(
Film wise I have about 15 on my flixster so I can watch them anytime or download direct to pad. Or I have around 32 digital copys on my pc last time I checked I just click and drag then onto the pad or the 32gb memory card and sorted, lastly it came with a usb adapter thing that goes into the bottom so I could just put all my films on usb and plug it in.

Film wise I have about 15 on my flixster so I can watch them anytime or download direct to pad. Or I have around 32 digital copys on my pc last time I checked I just click and drag then onto the pad or the 32gb memory card and sorted, lastly it came with a usb adapter thing that goes into the bottom so I could just put all my films on usb and plug it in.

Exactly 32gb card ....!!!! TRY A 64 ..... it won't so thats number 1 on it not being the best ..... and what file sizes are you dragging across as non support for ntfs is a major samsung bugbear which does not affect their phones which take 64gb cards fine and suport ntfs

Depends on the film. I think Prometheus is I spelled that right is almost 3gb I have that on there jackass 3d + a few others all around 2gb.
Its the sandisc ultra card the fast transfer card dont no if it anyfaster than standard but it only takes a couple of mins to transfer no more than 5.
Only issue I have is that the videos dont show a preview image they are all just black but they all play if clicked no issue's.

If I ever buy or need a 64gb I will give it a go :p

Depends on the film. I think Prometheus is I spelled that right is almost 3gb I have that on there jackass 3d + a few others all around 2gb.
Its the sandisc ultra card the fast transfer card dont no if it anyfaster than standard but it only takes a couple of mins to transfer no more than 5.
Only issue I have is that the videos dont show a preview image they are all just black but they all play if clicked no issue's.

If I ever buy or need a 64gb I will give it a go :p

Dont get a 64 it wont work we tried with a samsung tech guy 32 card is fine . Those are small files as a 720p blueray rip is 4.2gb normally 1080p which plays fine is more than that ..... and that for me was an issue then again you dont have a 1920x1200 res on a note ;-)

I think its somthing like 1280 x 800 dont no for sure. And the rips arnt bluray I dont think. they come with the blurays! most are to download and all the rest rip from a dvd disc
What does sticking a 64gb inside do or just nothing at all.?

And I get some swanky pen...

I think its somthing like 1280 x 800 dont no for sure. And the rips arnt bluray I dont think. they come with the blurays! most are to download and all the rest rip from a dvd disc
What does sticking a 64gb inside do or just nothing at all.?

And I get some swanky pen...

If you stick a 64 in it just wont see it..... borrow one to try .

If the note had supported what i wanted it to i would have saved a bunch of cash ,however having the keyboard which massively extends battery to means it's a win, win ......you can get a stylus for other tablets too .......

However 600 quid for the transformer is steep, ok its 64gb and its an ssd inside so in theory when out of warranty i can change that but at that price i really wanted 3g too

Bumder With A Buffer
It will see it with the OTA firmware update from memory.

Something to do with exFAT formatted cards??

It will see it with the OTA firmware update from memory.

Something to do with exFAT formatted cards??

the firmwear update didn't work , its what we tried on a brand new updated note 10.1

strangely an S3 lte works as does the 5" note phone so i suspect it will at some point .

yes the problem is android as an OS does not support ntfs and only Fat32 file format , asus tabs do , so for example the google nexus also will , and you need an ntfs formatted storage (either onboard or card) to have full hd films as the file sizes should be over 4gb ..... fat 32 does not support larger then 4gb file sizes.

don't worry though ..... ipads don't even have a card slot , and in my mind 64gb is nowhere near enough .