ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tail's DCi 100.

Alas, finally got around to fitting these! Forgot to take a before picture, doh.

tumblr_mtlc6mxGMF1qc5wvyo1_500.jpg

Changes the front end so much, I didnt think it would! Will get a picture in the dark later this evening. RS Grill next! C&C Welcome as always.

Many.
Headlights make a huge differance, Every time I walk to my car now and see the front end, I love it.

Needs full sport kit though :p

Headlights make a huge differance, Every time I walk to my car now and see the front end, I love it.

Needs full sport kit though :p

Looks good, although a new front plate would tidy it up even more.

Agreed with both! Once the RS grill is on, I think i'll be laying off until the new year. Then it'll be full sport kit and remap.

New plates are certainly a must, they've had their day. Thinking pressed, but not sure if theyre worth the hassle with the police, even if I do find a legal set. Then a new splitter on top to finish the front end right off.

Airbag fault: SOLVED.

IMAG0573.jpg

Turns out it was the drivers pretensioner that wasn't connected. The wires had been cut to about 3-4mm on the connector block and it was proving impossible to get it all wired up (Destroyed a connecting pin in the process) so along came the resistors! Straight in, not a problem since. Will get around to fully wiring it in once i've done a few more days of electronics classes at work!

Also, xenons are a beauty. Drove to pick up the old girl from work last night, was brilliant how bright they were - makes the old lamps seem like candles stuck to the front of the car! Came in handy in the awful fog this morning too. Also, turns out my mums work has just started selling Auto Glym so I picked up a bottle of SRP on her discount to use when I get some free time to detail in the workshop at work :)

One more for the night since I'm bored, heres the said xenons in action:

IMAG0574.jpg

Theyre 6K HIDs, not thatblue, but a nice tint. Haven't got any side lights in at the moment, will be getting them in when I get some LED ones, rather than spoil the look with the standards from my old headlights.

So dropped the car in to the 2nd years at work since they were all bored, to fix my aircon since it hasn't be right since the rebuild. Turns out the rebuild company didn't plug a single thing back in, and the pump isn't even engaging! So they wheeled the car in to the workshop to test the system...

...Then they found the source of my juddering brakes. Turns out when the car had new Discs fitted before I bought it, the Hub hadn't been cleaned, so it had offset the disc, which in turn warped and was catching the carrier. The instructors grinded the hub flat (was about .5mm off) so it was missing the carrier, but I think its still just catching the pads a little. Better than nothing, just need to get new discs on the fronts now!

Aircon will be getting sorted tomorrow by the second years again, theyve just got to whip the bumper off, plug it all back in, check the fuses (and retarded relay that was put in by the last owner) and test the system for the gas levels! Hopefully at worst, may need a re-gas. Love my new job so far, lots of help with the motor and lots of tools! :D

What was up with the airbag? My airbag light is on and i cannot do a thing to turn it off! A guide or something would be class!

I looked through and the Blue and Brown cables for the drivers side pretensioner weren't connected. Connecting made no difference, so whacked a 3.3Ohm resistor in their place to loop it back - Voila, no fault code. Theres a guide on here somewhere, its a bit vague, but gives a fair idea :)

The lights look awesome man was it simple as plugging them into the original connections?

In my case it was! I was lucky, the headlights came with the ballasts, motors, bulbs, the lot! Took the front bumper half off, old headlights unplugged and off, put the two plugs back in to the new headlights. Done!

Renault Clio DCI 100
Wow i would of thought that thing needed to be re-wired up or wires added as it was a different type of light from different car!! Amazingly simple upgrade eh?

I might need to get on this as they look fantastic :D

Wow i would of thought that thing needed to be re-wired up or wires added as it was a different type of light from different car!! Amazingly simple upgrade eh?

I might need to get on this as they look fantastic :D

Incredibly simple, incredibly effective. Tidys the front end up a hell of a lot! You could whip a pair straight off a sport and straight on to a DCI (providing they still have the ballasts and motors attached) and in terms of light, theres no way to compare them, whole different league.

Renault Clio DCI 100
Incredibly simple, incredibly effective. Tidys the front end up a hell of a lot! You could whip a pair straight off a sport and straight on to a DCI (providing they still have the ballasts and motors attached) and in terms of light, theres no way to compare them, whole different league.

Thanks for me keeping me updated. I think this might be the next upgrade, i'm guessing the auto headlights will still work aswell?

New arrivals!

tumblr_mtyf5bWPnO1qc5wvyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mtyf5bWPnO1qc5wvyo3_1280.jpg

Not likely to get any ramp time at work until next week now, which isnt too much of a shame - Means I can get some satin black on the grill!

May consider some brembo Pads in the mean time (especially at only £22), the old ones are fine and have had them checked since they were new recently, its just a shame someone put the old discs on wrong and caused them to warp, giving me ridiculous brake judder at higher speeds, seriously ruined my confidence in the car on the motorway!

All coming along now (even if an ST is calling to me by the end of next year, but at £160 a month, who WOULDNT?)

Thanks for me keeping me updated. I think this might be the next upgrade, i'm guessing the auto headlights will still work aswell?

Auto lights still work just fine :) Didnt have to do a thing other than take the old ones out and put the new ones in. Dead simple, wouldn't even notice they had changed!

Thought i'd share a brief photo of my garage for the next year and a half :D we've got compressed air, aircon machines, tyre fitting, every car is on a scissor lift, and more tools than i'll ever use. Very excited (even if I'm not trained to use half of it yet).

tumblr_mu0bvb302z1qc5wvyo1_1280.jpg

Will be getting in there a lot more later on in the year, at the moment its when I can squeeze away from the curriculum (which is getting a little easier as time passes) but as of august next year, i'll be in there non stop! After the following may, i'll be back to nothing when I move to the technical centre and might have to top my drive with something in warranty and of the spirit blue variety ;)

OT: More cleaning gear on the way (Iron X, ObliTARate, Dodo Claybar), as well as some Forte diesel treatment after a recommendation from Chip. Car is only running about 57/60mpg daily at the moment, got it up to 70 on the way back from bristol being somewhat careful, which is all about 10mpg lower on average than how it was performing prior to the head refurb. Will be running the treatment through to see what kind of results I get!

New Brembo Discs are on!

Glad to not have any juddering now, just got to treat them carefully until theyre bed in.

Also run some of this through the tank:

tumblr_mub8ztlIYM1qc5wvyo1_500.jpg

MPG seems to have jumped up a little! injectors probably needed it after the rebuild, but the turbo seems to be making a little more noise. Will run a plain tank through, then will be trying some Two Stroke oil which seems to be all the rage among the DCIs at the moment ;) Just need to get round to getting the RS grill on!

Many.
I love how my sly comment about two stroke oil has sparked a huge amount of attention lol!

I assume you're a Ford Apprentice then? Probably up at Dunton a bit? Do a fair amount of work around that area, inc for employees.

Whats next on the Clio?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
two stroke FTW. its mad what difference it makes. it will help his after a head rebuild aswell :)

hopefully a sport kit is on it way :p

Celica GT for now
This is looking pretty sweet, I can't see from the pics properly but have you put the silvertec bulbs in the front headlights? I'd personally fit them to front / rear lights fo the indicators, tidies the car up quite a bit for such a simple thing.

I miss our old Clio DCi the 32mpg I'm getting now doesn't really compare haha

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I know! And just to add here too..... 100ml to 20 Litres of diesel, Don't put too much in!

Tank is around 50-60L so no more than 300ml to a tank! ( that's from empty or near dam it)

Anymore and you'll be causing sensor issues or adverse effect of what it ment to do by clogging stuff up.

I love how my sly comment about two stroke oil has sparked a huge amount of attention lol!

I assume you're a Ford Apprentice then? Probably up at Dunton a bit? Do a fair amount of work around that area, inc for employees.

Whats next on the Clio?

Haha you've sparked madness among the dervs!

I am indeed, prototyping. I'm over at ceme for a year and a half (pic) which is a college type thing next to the engine plant in Dagenham, then I'll be at dunton after. Really? What do you do?

Get off my arse and paint the grill, pop that on, nothing until new year! Then probably cruise and sport kit and I'll be done, the new ST is drawing me in haha.

This is looking pretty sweet, I can't see from the pics properly but have you put the silvertec bulbs in the front headlights? I'd personally fit them to front / rear lights fo the indicators, tidies the car up quite a bit for such a simple thing.

I miss our old Clio DCi the 32mpg I'm getting now doesn't really compare haha

Yeah the previous owner had them in, makes them tidy, will be doing the same to the rears soon enough :)

Just had the fuel light come on at 96 miles range, with 647 miles covered since filled to the first click. Unbelievable economy, will keep it until next year until I order an ST, the only thing that lets it down is the tractor sound :(

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Mines just sprung a leak in the same area again. It was a b*****d to do last time. Wear gloves as the back of the headlining makes you itch!

its that stupid plastic trim around the sunroof that leaks and the gutter pipes blocked

Many.
I hated doing that job on the old 1.2, Worth it as long as it stops dripping on you while driving though!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Electric sunroof makes it a whole lot more of a ball ache :( my dad's old dci leaked on the manual room , he just sealed it to death with some aeroplane spec glue lol

Can anybody drop me a link to a decent solve?

Electric sunroof makes it a whole lot more of a ball ache :( my dad's old dci leaked on the manual room , he just sealed it to death with some aeroplane spec glue lol

Ahaha cheers Raz! Just the encouragement I needed.

OT, New standard airbox ordered, on the look out for cruise gear!

So this project is slowly drawing to a close with a new car looming from Ford!

Managed to halt the leak by clearing out the tracks and giving the seal a bit of a push back in to place, so thats one thing solved.

Currently experiencing a boost leak, so I'm sourcing a new intercooler boost hose, standard airbox is back on! Happy to see the car is going to be leaving my hands than better condition in came to me in.

(If anyone wants to get early dibs on the interior or xenons before they properly go up for sale in Novemeber, pop me a PM - or even the car!)

Many.
4th Clio on my drive ATM, but by the time he wants to sell, Second or third I think.

Plus the others I look after!

PM'd you alex about the car :)

You two should open a Garage or something together, i've not met two more dci-knowledgeable humans on this planet than you two! Youve been an amazing help through the ownership of this car!

Will probably aim to sell some time in december, as i'll have to wait for my new car to be built and delivered :) In the mean time I'll just be cleaning this and putting the last little touches on it! Booked in to a body shop next week to get some of the more major defects sorted :)