ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Taken to the limit

How many of you 172/cup owners think you have taken your car to its limits?!? and i dont just mean the redline....i mean all of it, cornering..braking...the works!

I know ive had my cup for 4 months and it still feels as tho its got plenty more to offer and ive been raging the t*ts off it!

Ziel Nurburgring

I reckon getting it on 3 wheels in to corners is about the limit on roads, Thats cornering and braking. And getting the back round on roundabouts

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Yeah, I think you found the limit Bri.....

found it, crossed it and kept going! ;)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Slayer on 07 July 2004

How many of you 172/cup owners think you have taken your car to its limits?!? and i dont just mean the redline....i mean all of it, cornering..braking...the works!
Yup... and the only way to do this is get it on a track... ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Slayer on 07 July 2004

jesus....i think i will take that advice on board....theres some nasty looking cars up there!
Glad to see youve taken our "slight offs" on board...

I think i got "frequent fligher miles" with my little incident :oops:

Clio 197

Yes, and beyond, but thankfully without any serious repercussions thus far.

And only on the track...

Ed

Never maxed it out as in top end, but anyone who been in the car with me will vouch for it being on the limit, just love drifting it round roundabouts.

me too - though only really push it 100% on a track. I would advise EVERYONE to find the limit as you can then tell in a situation where YOU are not pushing it to the limit exactly what you need to try and do to recorrect etc....

some of the best days of my life have actually been spent on a track. soooooo much fun.

Nippy white cup

Best thing I did was go to Curborough in April. Might only be a small track but really gives you an idea of how far you can push your car (although my new tyres have knocked the stuffing out of me now!) :(

Chris

Quote: Originally posted by Chris nnic on 08 July 2004

Best thing I did was go to Curborough in April. Might only be a small track but really gives you an idea of how far you can push your car (although my new tyres have knocked the stuffing out of me now!) :(

Chris
Pah Nic pushed it harder than you did! :eek:

Clio Williams No123

Yeah I have. Its fun for a while. But gets expensive.

The upshot is less people want to bum a lift off you to the pub.

I thought i took my Clio to the limit then i gave Alain Menu the keys.. I think were talking about our limits opposed to the cars.

-Rob

Ford Fiesta

its mailto:cr@p">cr@p seeing pics like this, next time you think of planting your foot on a bend or when there is risk think of this post....

print em off and stick em to ya sunvisor... :)