ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Taking out standard head unit? mk3

Mk3 SX
Just a quick one. I've done this in my previous mk2 but just wanted to check for my mk3. If i slide out the standard head unit will it just slide back in without any problems?

Black Gold 182 FF
Have not done it myself but have sold my cables and keys to MK3 owners and not had any reports of difficulties. The keys fit so the mechanism is probably exactly the same, you just need to make sure it goes in at square angle relative to the slot and make sure no cables are trapped.

Black Gold 182 FF
Do you have paypal? I can PM you my details or if you don't I can email you a paypal invoice which can be paid by credit or debit card. Don't get em off ebay or my website cos you will end up paying £1 more.

Clio lll Dynamique SX TCE
all u need in the keys and u can take the head unit out. push the keys in as far as they can and ull get a click. after that u can just pull it straight out. simple. lol. just so you no. if u cut any cables for the radio youll void the warrenty. so if your gonan do any cutting buy a iso/iso addapter and cut into that. simple

Mk3 SX
Thanks mate! hopefully won't have to do any cutting so should be ok. the only thing i want to know is how to feed the wire to the glove box or somewhere else. i have a square gap where the light in the glove box is so i'm guessing it should be able to feed through to that? if anyone has done this will they let me know?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
can you not feed the cable somewhere near the cup holders? having the cable going into the glovebox is going to be a real ball ache when you want to change song/album when on the move. you are going to have to stretch all the way over.