ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Taking pictures of slides

G51 BEN
Anybody done this? I have a Nikon D5100 with a nifty fifty, 18-70 and 55-200mm lens. I fancy taking some pics of some old slides and saw a chap do this in his house once with a homemade lightbox.
Any tips or past experience with this? He showed me pictures on his computer that he took from a slide which was 40 years old which I swear looked like it had just been taken!!

Just bought myself a small lightbox with a view of lighting the slide from behind, turning all other lights off and zooming my 55-200 onto the slide from a tripod?

I've laid a monitor flat and opened word or paint for the white background, laid the slide on and then taken pictures of the slide with my camera with decent results previously.

Wouldn't you need a macro lens? An old 35mm slide is the same size as a fullframe dslr sensor so you would need 1:1 macro on a full frame or less on a crop?