ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

taking the elf sticker off the back window..

Clio 1.2
it wont come off... i've tried everything..

got a tiny bit off but im getting nowhere..

anyone got any tips on how to get them off easy?

Megane Mk4
Hairdryer to warm up the plastic, use a credit card or similar to scrape it off, then tar remover for the adhesive underneath.
Job done. ;)

DMS

A thirsty 172
Hairdryer to warm up the plastic, use a credit card or similar to scrape it off, then tar remover for the adhesive underneath.
Job done. ;)

This. Be careful not to damage the heating element for the rear screen though. If you do, you'll find that one or two bars don't work. I had to buy a repair kit for mine after taking the Elf sticker off.

I used a hair dryer to warm the glue up, then my CS membership card to get behind the sticker and help peel it off. Auto Glym glass and plastic cleaner got the glue off very easily afterwards.

DMS

A thirsty 172
I removed mine so that I could advertise CS rather than some multi billion dollar petrochemical company.
Couldn't put the CS sticker on the other side either, it would have got in the way of my "Boost Inside" sticker :cool:

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Turn on the heating on the windscreen, that'll help.

If you leave it running with the heat on for 24 hours plus in one go, it'll burn off itself.

Rusty Cup
i dont remember having any issues taking mine off :S do it on a hot day so its easier to remove, i tend to use aftershave to remove sticky'ness

richard691

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo RS133 & 172
Hair Dryer on full heat then WD40 or 3 in one does the trick mate, peels off straight away :cool: