ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

taking the p (i think)

Clio 182

Hey guys, hopefully in a couple of weeks il be the proud owner of a 172. for the last year ive been wanting one and now i think i can finally afford to go for it. ive been looking at one tonight, a 53 plate with 20k on the clock,one elderly owner. hes wanting 9k for it though, i think thats pretty expensive. is at a dealer near to where i live, not a renault dealer. Anyway i asked him what he would give me for my car part ex. i have a naples red, clio RT, M Reg. 84 thousand on the clock and in pretty good nic. anyway he said hed give me maybe 100, 200 pounds for it. now surely that is taking the p, it must be worth more than that? mechanically its in almost perfect condition, has a few scratches and little dents, but you would expect that for a 10 year old car. im a wrong in thinking that my car is worth a bit more than that. i was thinking more like 7-800. sorry to write a novel on this, just wanted to know if you guys think that taking the p a bit.

thanks

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

Your cars only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. IMO

Youll be better off trying to sell it yourself could try ebay at last resort!!!

Good luck

Clio 200

Say fine, ill take £200 for my car, and £8k for yours.

If not walk away, im sure youll find another good one

172, Tiguan

200 sounds about right to me. Your car will go off to auction anyway. Trade in pricing varies enormously depeding on the value of the car you are buying etc etc.

Youd always be better of trying to sell privatly.

7.6cc :D

Say he needs to be flexible on either the price of the 172 or the trade in for yours.

If he says no, then leave that one, the market is flooded with 172s for sale, dont rush into anything.

p.s. get a black one!

Not a Clio

£200 is about right.

I was quoted £300 for my L reg 2.0 Astra GSi (got a measly £500 for it in the end part ex)

They go by the age of the car more than anything.

A Renault dealer offered me £1000 off the price of a 172 about 6months ago in exchange for my white M reg Clio 1.2RL, in fairly good nick, expect for a small dent in the back door that had been there for as long as Id had it, think it had about 79000 miles on the clock at the time.
So ask for more / a better trade-in deal!

Not a Clio

It was the easiest option. When i sold my clio valver it took me 6 months and I only got £700 for it.